Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Got the drone pro and I am forecasting a nightmare with the eye refeif,

So what I'm after is a scrappy pair of sako short action bases,

Dont care if they are rusty blue or stainless silver all they need to do is work, I will be chopping them to bits if this does not work and I can't get the eye relief sorted I'm going to

Sqeem and sqeem until I cry,

Not happy

Also looking for a pigs ear scope enhancer

Cheers

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Got the drone pro and I am forecasting a nightmare with the eye refeif,

So what I'm after is a scrappy pair of sako short action bases,

Dont care if they are rusty blue or stainless silver all they need to do is work, I will be chopping them to bits if this does not work and I can't get the eye relief sorted I'm going to

Sqeem and sqeem until I cry,

Not happy

Also looking for a pigs ear scope enhancer

Cheers

Bob.
    What problem are you finding? Cannot get your eye close enough??

Hello Bob

are you after a set of sako taper dovetailed mounts pal if you are I've got a set of 1" medium ring/ mounts combined in blued steel, see my thread in firearms components

regards

lee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    What problem are you finding? Cannot get your eye close enough??
    that's the one.

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by leebut View Post
    Hello Bob

are you after a set of sako taper dovetailed mounts pal if you are I've got a set of 1" medium ring/ mounts combined in blued steel, see my thread in firearms components

regards

lee
    lee I am after just the sako short action bases to butcher so I am after a set of tight Rs jocks type.

not willing to spend a fortune on them when I am going to cut chop and sand them down on a trial.

but thanks for the offer.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Would a full length picatinny rail not sort you out?

Blog Entries
    got one on the way from Paul'O

I have tried with one from a long action and that still does not bring it back far enough back there seems to be more forward of the mounts than back over the rear of the bolt so if I wanted to go forward not a problem, but bringing it closer will take some kind of metal work doing to the weaver rail.

bob.

Exactly! Unfortunately Bob for once you are going to have to be like the rest of us and put your hand in your pocket (I know you don't like doing that) and buy the correct part for the job! Alan Rhone will drill an extended (rearward) picatinny rail to suit your receiver job done PROPERLY!

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    Exactly! Unfortunately Bob for once you are going to have to be like the rest of us and put your hand in your pocket (I know you don't like doing that) and buy the correct part for the job! Alan Rhone will drill an extended (rearward) picatinny rail to suit your receiver job done PROPERLY!
    ahh deep pockets and short arms!!

Give you 900 for the DP 10x though Bob.

Fizz

Shorter arms, deeper pockets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post

that's really funny,

that's what I purchased from Alan at the show on Saturday and it does not do the job, so it will be sent back to Alan asking for a refund. Paul O of this forum also has a older Sako one that I am trying later this week and failing that its a hammer and drill job. I suspect I will have to bodge something together as there is more rail forward than backward, and this mount only adjusts to fit the action size NOT the position of the rail so its not adjustable.

bob.