Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lymes desease

lymes desease

does anybody know if you can get lymes from deer blood entering an open wound on your hand.or is it only passed through the tick .

Only from Ticks,but some people are effected by deer blood, any Red stag blood I get in a cut or even a scratch becomes septic but only during the rut.

Theoretically there is a possibility of this happening but it has not been proven yet. Sorry that I cannot be more specific. Discuss it further with your Gp who will be able to check with the local microbiologist and decide whether it is worth treating empirically.
    ATB
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    stag blood I get in a cut or even a scratch becomes septic but only during the rut.
    Is that definitely from the blood though? Or could you inadvertently be getting stag urine into a cut during the gralloch?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

thanks guys I have been having some health issues over the last few years and its a bit of a mystery so just trying to help the doctors out.

Quote Originally Posted by darkstalker View Post
    Theoretically there is a possibility of this happening but it has not been proven yet. Sorry that I cannot be more specific. Discuss it further with your Gp who will be able to check with the local microbiologist and decide whether it is worth treating empirically.
    ATB
    Raj
    I was told there are only two testing stations used for Lyme disease in the UK (and that the UK test is inferior to the USA process) but it is a real bugga to get local GP's to give this disease any credibility.

Porton Down tested my blood which was positive.

For info check out the EuroLyme site in Yahoo - Yahoo! Groups

Don't give up and I wish you well.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Toad

I hope all is well but please dont just follow a GP advice on this as many of them have not come across it in their catchment area.
    Some good links here on other posts and please let us know how it develops...favourably we all hope.
    this may help also...
    http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/u...guides/118.pdf
    Then if not Lyme disease ask NHS for some tests to see what else it may be.
    all the very best matey

There was a review in 2000 that showed no transmission directly from blood of borrelia, so it's most unlikely

Hi guys, if I remember correctly the life cycle of Borrelia needs to be through the tick/saliva for human infection. but as mentioned earlier deer blood can definitely result in septic problems or other nasty side effects due to allergies etc. rutting animals covered in god knows what can transmit a lot of nasty bugs and urine itself is quite irritating for the naked skin.

A word of warning when it comes to gp's they are not/hardly trained at all when it comes to zoonoses/animal to human diseases so it is better to ask a vet (actually is part of our training) or on the forums. if you go to a gp and tell him what it is they will be able to prescribe the relevant treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Only from Ticks,but some people are effected by deer blood, any Red stag blood I get in a cut or even a scratch becomes septic but only during the rut.
    Thought I was the only one