Interchangeable threaded moderators

Lampwick

Good morrow folks.

I'm interested to learn from anyone with experience of interchangeable threads for moderators.

I have a .243 and a .308 with different threads and wanted to buy one moderator to use on both. It can't however be over barrel due to a fixed iron foresight on my Parker Hale I'm not willing to ruin!

I have found The AimSport models and also wondered what others are out there?

Cheers all

All my rifles are 1/2 UNF & I was looking for an adapter some time ago to accept an M14 (I think! that might be wrong) moderator. In any even, I couldn't find one & eventually gave up. Hence why my rifles all now have the same thread :-|

Buy a mod to suit one of the rifles and get an adapter made to use the mod on another rifle. I can help you out with a drawing to take to a machine shop if required. I'm sure there will be loads of replies on the need for it to be proofed etc.

Everything at my work is made out of that. It boggles the mind how much they spend on the simplest parts etc.

Aye, I'm hanging in there while it lasts!

That's a great adapter if you have a big difference I thread sizes. If the barrel thread sizes are similar, it wont be nearly as neat (will have to be a bit longer).

It's the only one I could find after a fair bit of searching. Bet there'd be a market for a range of them though

I had a similar situation three years ago. Oneness charlie aka SP Filling made me a mod with an interchangeable spigot in 30 Cal. Brilliant engineering, strippable....very happy

Third eye tactical/tier one. Spartan 3 with two brakes, one for each rifle. I have one mod, that gets used on the 338, 308, 223 and 222, just need another brake when my 260 turns up, no adaptor a to risk misalignment, light, and very effective, even on the smaller calibers using 338 sized baffles

Regards

Pete

Home | Varminting UK

Thanks for the replies. Had a look at The Spartan ones and they could fit the bill.

£250 plus £95 for the second brake! And I believe I could have one end of barrel and the other over?

Cheers

M14 is too close in size to allow enough metal for an adaptor, unless you use an extention muzzle brake type like the P/H scout

Last edited:
Back