Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka t3 stock

Tikka t3 stock

Anyone changed the plastic stock on a t3

PSE Compostites Etac is a fine aftermarket option for the T3. I'll be getting one for my T3 soon... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424301825469.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	53040

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta man View Post
    Anyone changed the plastic stock on a t3
    The other day I compared the synthetic stock on a CZ to my Tikka Lite and the Tikka felt cheap, nasty and hollow where the CZ felt good and solid. has anyone filled the stock, quick question sorry to OP, not derailing thread.
    actually thought about changing to a wooden one as not happy with hollow stock.

regards WB

Just got a Boyd's one just need to get it bedded but looks good.

The T3 Lite stock is actually a notch up in design, material, and molding, from the average injection molded stock. The cross-linked polymer is strong and stiff, and the stock is light like a laid up Kevlar stock. It hard and hollow in the butt, so it has a sound when bumped. That can be fixed with little weight, by cutting some foam rubber and stuffing it in there. And Tikka makes a laminate stock for it, if you prefer that look and feel.

I put a Boyds thumbhole on mine. It required a tiny bit of filler around one of the action screws on the trigger guard but nothing any amateur wouldn't be able to do. A laminate stock from GMK was 275 vs 130 for one delivered from Boyds. Having handled both I don't think the Tikka one is twice as good.

I have a mountain tactical laminate thumbhole on mine- awesome ��

PSE stocks are great. Light strong,stiff anything you want. Edi ( Ejg on here) is a great man to deal with. Buying in Europe also has the benefit of no hidden taxes. I have the hunter on a Rem 700 and saved 300 grams compared to the factory stock. Have a look on the website and speak to the man, a great source of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by tac29136 View Post
    PSE Compostites Etac is a fine aftermarket option for the T3. I'll be getting one for my T3 soon... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424301825469.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	53040

Nice stock and nicer view of the Kerry mountains in the back ground