Anal Tush

Caberhill

Shot a Roe kid/calf tonight that not only had an anal tush but a pizzle and buttons... Is this normal in first year Roe buck?

Cheers,

Ali

I shot this Roe doe many years ago.
She had produced a good quality buck fawn which I also shot as I did not want the possibility of a genetic fault to become established.
The velvet came off during the boiling process due to my negligence.
HWH.

AntleredDoe-1.jpg

To late I'm afraid! I'm going to start to carry a camera with me where ever I go, I've got a good little digital water proof one but I just forget it.

I shot this Roe doe many years ago.
She had produced a good quality buck fawn which I also shot as I did not want the possibility of a genetic fault to become established.
The velvet came off during the boiling process due to my negligence.
HWH.

AntleredDoe-1.jpg

I know it's known for a roe doe on the rare occasion to have pedicules and it does happen now and again but that's something else! Wonder what is the cause and why it is more prolific in roe than red etc... That'll give me something to read into.

Last edited:
Here's pics of the second deer I ever shot, a doe with antlers, had a broken front leg which presumably caused the abnormality.

HESHE_10.jpg

HESHE.jpg

And the worst head cut ever :

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzQtMjAxMTA3MDgtMDkxMC5qcGc.jpg

Tom

tjwaines, that is a weird one. Almost a mossed head. Here's mine together with buck that had gone back completely. Both from same farm, weirdly

Alis

i have some copies if you wish, best book on the natural history of the roe. And no i'm not the author just an admirer.

frank

Back