Bass pro

tika.308

I have had most of the day shopping, what a place. Everything is so well organised over here i may need a bigger case. :cool:.
Time for a swim and cool off now.

He spent five hours in Bass Pro, and they say women can shop, he must have given his feminine side a right bashing :D

John

At this rate he's going to have more US gear than Malc! :D

Nahhhhhhhh............... I bet he has bought one of those real tree mankini's ready for Scotland, and with all the hot weather in Florida I bet he is red..... probably looks like one of those Zoom lollies :lol:

I was in Bass Pro two weeks ago. First went to the shop at Dolphin Mall in Miami, no reloading gear at all as it was part of the mall. Few days later went by bus (two buses, two and half hours and only three dollars!!) to the Bass Pro shop at Dania beach near Fort Lauderdale. Hardly any brass at all, shelves were empty. Knives were all 440 stainless steel, Leatherman were more expensive that at Costco here in the UK, all in all I was very, very disappointed. I bought a pair of Rocky boots that were on sale, some T-shirts, some 300WSM brass and a couple of odds and sods but nothing to warrant the time and effort involved. I almsot felt 'obliged' to buy something just because I had gone to the trouble of getting there. Perhaps Cabela's is a better bet if you are i the right part of the country.
What annoyed me when I got home was that the TSA people had been in my Samsonite suitcase (without breaking the combination lock thank goodness!)and left a calling card. My brass was still there, thankfully.
Not impressed with Bass Pro.

Phil

I was in Orlando bass pro, plenty of bullets in stock not much in the way of brass, I couldnt find any Mankinis Malc so you will have to stick with the old one :lol:. So i got everything i was after and plenty more besides :cool:

Not sure where you were looking then because there were bugger all in there 3 days ago. Not for the cals I was after at least, no brass either. Gutted, was planning a huge shop. Plenty of cheap handguns though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 72
I didnt want anything bullet/ammo wise, i will be close on luggage weight as it is now. I managed to spend more in there than i have in over a week of being here. Really helpful staff, and great bargains on what i wanted. No store will ever please everyone, What would we do if we had nothing to moan about :rofl:

There is a small chain store in the northern western states called Scheels. They are smaller and less auspicious than Bass Pro or Cabelas, but the stores are superbly stocked, professionally staffed, and their prices kick the other two out the door. I find their line of rifle scopes to be excellent: glass optics, laser etched reticle, and life time replacement warranty. When everyone else was jacking component prices, these guys stayed the course. In Billings, Montana they are opening another store -building it from the ground up- and it will make the local Cabelas look small. If any of you get out this way, look them up. No disappointments.~Muir

I found with bass pro it depends where you are in the USA, Miami/ Keys is about fishing, STL is about hunting, also what the season is.

outdoor world in orlando ,it took three days to finnish in that playground? she was mad as hell :rofl: My holiday aswell i said. red head gear and pfg is as cheap as use chips and ammo ,fishing gear so cheap and top branded kit , and well don't get me started on the boats and 4x4's.n' fuel :doh:

Back