Importing a rifle from sweden

harrygrey382

Can anyone give me some advice regarding importing a rifle from sweden? I've set my heart on getting a husqvarna 1640, and seeing as there are basically none in this country i'm thinking a importing.

Viking kindly pointed out a swedish classifieds site with a few on them. I haven't contacted anyone yet, but how much of a pain is it? Is an expensive export permit or hours of paperwork required? Will courier charges be high? Has anyone here done it?

There is a canadian site that sells them at a good price, but want $3000 minimum order to export. Anyone know of a way to import from canada without paying more than the gun's value?

Or best of all a 1640 in the uk?

Harry there are some dealers who do import here in the UK. I got my Husqvarna Model 46 from Norman Clark. Otherwise you need to check the procedure at the Swedish end. The only one I did was an obsolete calibre rifle from Switzerland and it just came throguh the post but things have changed since then :banghead:.

Harry there are some dealers who do import here in the UK. I got my Husqvarna Model 46 from Norman Clark. Otherwise you need to check the procedure at the Swedish end. The only one I did was an obsolete calibre rifle from Switzerland and it just came throguh the post but things have changed since then :banghead:.

ah excellent i'll try norman clarkes then. Do they have a source in sweden or would i have to find it first?

I have some info about importing from EU countries from the Department of Trade if you want it?

ft

Phone Torsbo Handels AB. 0046 321 74040 www.torsbohandels.com They have 4 in stock 2 x 30.06 and 2x 6.5x55. I'm sure you could buy from them and get it sent to a RFD in England . I had my guns sent from a RFD in the UK to Torsbo with no problem. You could ask them to keep their eyes open for a nice one for you. They don't make very much money here and you should get a very good one for under 300 quid.

I have some info about importing from EU countries from the Department of Trade if you want it?

ft
Yes I love it thanks flytie

Phone Torsbo Handels AB. 0046 321 74040 www.torsbohandels.com They have 4 in stock 2 x 30.06 and 2x 6.5x55. I'm sure you could buy from them and get it sent to a RFD in England . I had my guns sent from a RFD in the UK to Torsbo with no problem. You could ask them to keep their eyes open for a nice one for you. They don't make very much money here and you should get a very good one for under 300 quid.
Thanks for that Jagare. I was hoping you'd reply... I had a look on their site and it's not going to get me very far being monolinguistic. I'll give them a call next week then, or are they open on saturdays?
By the way it was you that ignited my lust for a husqvarna - I visited the museum when I was there this summer and it was fantastic. I already thought I liked them but now I just NEED one!

Harry, Torsbo are open to 12.00 on Saturday thats 13.00 English time.
Glad you enjoyed the museum its well worth a visit and not just for the gun section.

Have a look at your top bar. You should have at the right hand end a box marked Page, On the dropdown there is a "Translate with Bing" click it and haypresto,
Jim

Harry, Torsbo are open to 12.00 on Saturday thats 13.00 English time.
Glad you enjoyed the museum its well worth a visit and not just for the gun section.
Yes it sure is. Of course I loved the chainsaws (had a bit of a chainsaw fetish at one time, still have the remnents of several huge old saws), but the foundry stuf was beautiful too - I'd love one of their big old cast iron stoves, and the pans and heaps of other stuff. Real craftsmen.
Have a look at your top bar. You should have at the right hand end a box marked Page, On the dropdown there is a "Translate with Bing" click it and haypresto,
Jim
What browser is this with Jim? I use firefox and can't find the translator...

Back