CZ 527 Floor plate

Home Loader

Evening all
I have one of the above in .222 rem, its a lovely little gun but I have a strong disliking for the magazine/trigger guard set up. has anyone ever managed to convert a 527 to a drop floor plate?
Thanks

Evening all
I have one of the above in .222 rem, its a lovely little gun but I have a strong disliking for the magazine/trigger guard set up. has anyone ever managed to convert a 527 to a drop floor plate?
Thanks
Yep, did this once with a brno fox. wasn't all that easy tbh. you need to cut off the magazine sides with the feeder lips and have them tig welded to the inside of the action at the right height and cut off at the bottom at the right height. you then make a swing floorplate with a spring and follower, mauser style, which will feed single stack. it worked 'ok' and was a lot and lot of work and expensive to have done as I needed to involve my local engineer.

the other option which I should have followed to do it 'right' was to have laser welded integral feed lips onto the inside of the top of the mag box, again, mauser 98 style, and then have a wider spring/follower and a solid floorplate so you can top feed it downwards to a double stack; however, it involves getting a lot of material laser welded and then you shaping it 'just right', and that was too expensive for my budget in all honesty.

would I do it again, F*** no.

Yep, did this once with a brno fox. wasn't all that easy tbh. you need to cut off the magazine sides with the feeder lips and have them tig welded to the inside of the action at the right height and cut off at the bottom at the right height. you then make a swing floorplate with a spring and follower, mauser style, which will feed single stack. it worked 'ok' and was a lot and lot of work and expensive to have done as I needed to involve my local engineer.

the other option which I should have followed to do it 'right' was to have laser welded integral feed lips onto the inside of the top of the mag box, again, mauser 98 style, and then have a wider spring/follower and a solid floorplate so you can top feed it downwards to a double stack; however, it involves getting a lot of material laser welded and then you shaping it 'just right', and that was too expensive for my budget in all honesty.

would I do it again, F*** no.

Thanks
That's a shame as if you could convert it to a double stack floor plate it would be a fantastic package.
I kind of expected the answer though.

What about cutting and shutting the mag so that rather than it sticking right down it was flush with the bottom of the stock?

Back