Which brass ? nb

jimbo1984

Hi gents I'm looking for opinions on brass for the 7 mm 08 so far ive seen Remington and Winchester st similar prices and Nosler at a lot more , are Remington and win cases much inferior tO the Nosler to warrant the extra price ?
​Atb Jim

From my experience using various makes of brass for various calibres, I would suggest that Winchester appears bottom of my list, Lapua is (perhaps) the best but I must say that Remington also gets my vote. Not had much dealings with Nosler although their Custom brass is supposed to be rated.

From my experience using various makes of brass for various calibres, I would suggest that Winchester appears bottom of my list, Lapua is (perhaps) the best but I must say that Remington also gets my vote. Not had much dealings with Nosler although their Custom brass is supposed to be rated.
Thanks for the reply , I looked for lapua in 7 mm 08 but couldn't find the brass for sale

I use remmington as this was all I could find initially. I bought 100 factory rounds and 200 pieces of brass. It has lasted very well. There is better brass out there but when stalking its is easy to loose in the grass etc.

I am looking at getting some privi factory rounds as behave heard the brass is very good and at only £68.40/100 it's worth a try.

Lapua don't make 7-08 brass. To would either have to neck up .260 brass or neck down .308 brass. The later being cheaper but you may experience thick necks and need to turn the neck.

I bought a couple of hundred Winchester 7-08 this past week. So far I have loaded 40 cases, three times. Each time FL resized and fired with serious loads that proved to be quite accurate. It looks new. No excessive stretching. This LOT works for me, at least.~Muir

Back