Buttolo call

norma 308

Just wondering how many stalkers on here take this versatile call with them everytime they stalk .
i have mine on the belt all the time and again this weekend the call got me the shot on fallow .i have successfully used the call with munty ,roe,and fallow .
Im not saying it is a fallow call but I managed to get a bunch I knew were in a quarter of the wood in front of me to get brave and venture toward the noise I have managed this on a few occasions now even for a stalker I took out from the SD .
anyone else use it not just during the rut .i hasten to add this ground has not previously been shot much and the deer not that well educated to the call
cheers
norma

Well that is strange,because I have mine with me all the time.
Sunday,morning knowing there are afew munties about and very occasional roe,I gave it a toot.
Same as usual not a thing,I have tried and tried,never had a response yet,munty,roe or fallow.
I have seen most of the vids on useing,any tips.

Mine is in the pocket attached to a lanyard. A peep at the right time can often get a result even if the beast has seen you!

Dont overdo it, always be patient, try keep the wind in your favour and make sure you always check all around you before you move! You may have more than one beast react to the call!

Sunday,morning knowing there are afew munties about and very occasional roe,I gave it a toot.
Same as usual not a thing,I have tried and tried,never had a response yet,munty,roe or fallow.
Not too loud and keep my finger lightly on the smaller ball to start with giving a gentle pheep .dont want to scare the living crap out of a deer nearby .dont go on mad either .
Norma

I always carry mine with me on my lanyard, sometimes using that at the right time can be the difference between getting a deer and not getting one.

Just wondering how many stalkers on here take this versatile call with them everytime they stalk .
i have mine on the belt all the time and again this weekend the call got me the shot on fallow .i have successfully used the call with munty ,roe,and fallow .
Im not saying it is a fallow call but I managed to get a bunch I knew were in a quarter of the wood in front of me to get brave and venture toward the noise I have managed this on a few occasions now even for a stalker I took out from the SD .
anyone else use it not just during the rut .i hasten to add this ground has not previously been shot much and the deer not that well educated to the call
cheers
norma

I have used this call sucessfully on both roe and muntjac but not tried on fallow, its nice to learn something everdays.
regards
ajr

Same for me.

Not too loud and keep my finger lightly on the smaller ball to start with giving a gentle pheep .dont want to scare the living crap out of a deer nearby .dont go on mad either .
Norma
That's funny Norma I find exactly the opposite, as loud as possible and quite a few calls for Munties works for me. More cautious and maybe quieter to start for roe but for Munties I go straight in loud and often. I have shot a lot of muntjac coming in to the call very aggressively, flat out literally to my feet and do ok on the roe in the rut as well. I think it's all about confidence and once you have your own method that works for you you tend to stick to it but there is no real right or wrong in my opinion. Either way the buttalo is a brilliant piece of kit.

Back