could this be a real banksy ?

I'd say unlikely. It's just a straight portrait - Banksys almost always tell a story or make some kind of political/satirical statement.

The general style is now very common, because the time consuming and difficult part (making the stencils) can be done ahead of time.

banksy doesn't just place a stencil on the wall and spray pain it!
His has different tones and depth - that is literally stencil and spray paint.

Bridget Bardot

now you say that ?

Quite like what Banksy does then?

i have not really thought about it, but when i spotted it i thought that someone on here will have studied him a lot more than me.

banksy doesn't just place a stencil on the wall and spray paint it!
His has different tones and depth - that is literally stencil and spray paint.

very true now you mention it, as said i have not looked at his work much just catches my attention from time to time. and the fact that this was just out there in theis old carpark wall with nothing else around it,

cheers lads.

bob.

As Bob has brought up the topic of pictures I'll tell you something about a picture I have.
Whilst stalking on Salisbury Plain I met an elderly Gentleman in a remote area and he looked as if he had been there all night.
I started chatting to him and he seemed very much down in the dumps.
I could see, what looked like, an empty spirit bottle on the back seat and some papers and what looked like pens or thin paint brushes.
I chatted to him for quite some time and he seemed to cheer up a bit.
It turned out that he used to come on the Plain to sketch the wildlife so liked the area but he had recently lost his wife, hence the sadness, so came here to cheer himself up but admitted it hadn't worked.
However speaking to me, about the beauty of the area and the various wild birds and animals on the Plain had cheered him up. He thanked me for spending the time with him and then left.
After about a week there was a 'map tube' left at the station addressed to 'Eddy the Stalker' so obviously for me as everybody else at the station were anti- blood sports !!
When I opened it up there were sketches of Foxes, Owls, Otters, Deer,Ducks and hedgehogs and some ornamental Ducks.
I thought how nice and took them home and put them in a cupboard.
Recently I went to an Art exhibition and saw a sketch of an Owl marked up at £400 with a signature the same as the ones on the sketches I have at home !
I did a google search and lo and behold there is an Art gallery with the same surname as the signatures on my sketches.
I contacted them and it turned out it is now run/owned by the gentleman I met's daughter and his work is very sought after.
So now I have some pictures that are worth something to somebody but I do not know who that somebody is ---yet !!

Last edited:
Maybe its one of your fellow men on the forum painting ' girl stalker ' :lol: only joking bob.....atb scott

What ? you reckon that might be a picture of girl stalker - wow, she certainly gets about a bit because I saw the print Bob has in the beach front shop at Weston -S-Mare last week along with prints of Sculls, Guns and Roses, Horses galloping in surf and various other prints but they were offered as paper prints or prints on T shirts.
Nah, I reckon it was right when someone said it was Briggitte Bardot.

Back