New Atec mods

Gunman

Has anyone any experience of the new aluminium Atec have got one for my new Sako .308 but havnt put it to use yet.

Am looking forward to your replies.

I already have a wildcat and a PES on my other rifles.

GM.

I talked to someone at Jackson rifles today about it and it sounds like a good moderator. CERTAINLY A GREAT WEIGHT SAVER. You will need to keep us updated, thinking about getting one.

me too , my old t8 has nearly had it ! so ill be watching this space please keep us posted .

cheers lee

I have the steel version on my 308. Very good mod, but equally as good just cheaper are the new delta mods from roedale.
I'm just trying one on my 243. The design is very similar just that the baffle shapes changed slightly after test results at a university showed advantages with the new shape.
Talking to Pete of Roedale, they do offer an aluminium version but prefer to install the first two baffles in stainless or in parkerised steel. The first baffles take the most punishment and aluminium baffles are known to wear a bit. I don't think it is a problem on a hunting rifle though.
At around 30 Euro per baffle one could replace one or two after maybe three four years of use under hunting conditions.

edi

I saw one of these down at Chris Steed's the other day, very tidy little mods and exceedingly light. If they work half as well as they look, they will be a blinder.

i use a A-TEC CMM-4alu on my .25-06, spot on light and short. On my .300 Win Mag i use the A-TEC over the barrel type. I along with a stalking mate shot .25-06,.30-06 and .300 Win Mag with both these mod's along with Pes,T8 and Jet-z for us the two A-TEC gave best results. Through my self i know of stalkers useing the CMM-4alu on .243,.25-06,6.5x57,.308.270 and .30-06 all are more than happy another plus to these mod's you can buy the baffle segments so if you do have a problem it is not the cost of a complete mod. Jackson Rifle's also offer a very good back up service on the mod's. Just my own findings

I have a CMM-4 alu on my 30.06. Beautifully engineered, light as a feather, subjectively less effective than my previous T8.

I've witnessed some horrible things going on where aluminium and stainless meet - but then if all is cleaned and dried shouldn't be too much problem.

I have a CMM-4 alu on my 30.06. Beautifully engineered, light as a feather, subjectively less effective than my previous T8.

When you say "less effective", is the difference in performance,
a) really obvious, and
b) worth the trade off for the reduction in weight?

Having started using a T8 on my 243, I'm impressed with the performance but less so with the weight of the supressor and the affect it has on the handling of the rifle. I'd now like to get a mod fitted to my 308, but would like summat lighter than the T8.

When you say "less effective", is the difference in performance,
a) really obvious, and
b) worth the trade off for the reduction in weight?

Having started using a T8 on my 243, I'm impressed with the performance but less so with the weight of the supressor and the affect it has on the handling of the rifle. I'd now like to get a mod fitted to my 308, but would like summat lighter than the T8.

Harry...or mac...

It does not moderate quite as well as the T8 did. There is subjectively a sharper crack. But it is much, much lighter.

Last edited:
Back