Sod the rifles it's that time of year

Simjim33

Cold spell is forecast for next week.
My mind screamed " time to go dab fishing!"
So into the fishing diarys to find if my instinct is correct.
Low and behold. A trend that suggests that a week after the first frosts the dab fishing becomes excellent.

Along with whiting and cod turning up of the south hants coast.! My favourite the flounder starts putting on a show.

Also the trout fishing becomes "easy"

So what are the anglers plans on here for the next few weeks until Christmas?

Im missing being down on the SE coast at this time of the year, waiting for the big blows to stir the sea up, fishing for late bass and early cod off the beach.. and of course, dabs! Theyre brilliant eating!!

Do you fish off the beach mainly or the boat?

Fishing in the NE is not a spot on fishing down in Kent.

I'm having a go off the cliffs on Sunday for some Ballans with the possibility of big late season Bass........haven't been fishing in a few weeks so will be nice to get out for a bit.

Im missing being down on the SE coast at this time of the year, waiting for the big blows to stir the sea up, fishing for late bass and early cod off the beach.. and of course, dabs! Theyre brilliant eating!!

Do you fish off the beach mainly or the boat?

Fishing in the NE is not a spot on fishing down in Kent.
Beach will now be my main concern. I sold my boat to buy my rifles!
Gilkicker piont will be the mark for the coming action!

I have to say. I will be getting a boat again. A raider 18 will do. I only need a 2 seater that can take me +1 to Alderney.

How do you cook your dabs? Simply fryed in butter for me!

I'm waiting for my little river to fine down little then will have a crack at the roach and chub with a stick float.

keeping an eye on the beach reports for when the cod turn up.

going to throw some lures about for pike and big perch as well on a couple of still waters.

Anthony

View attachment 34686SJ.

i will wait for my mate jim to go fishing (while im sat in the warm) he will catch some and drop me a couple in on the way home,

armchair fishing at its best.

bob.

View attachment 34686SJ.

i will wait for my mate jim to go fishing (while im sat in the warm) he will catch some and drop me a couple in on the way home,

armchair fishing at its best.

bob.
Probebly best! Let the experts do their job!
I will let you know when you have to drive down here with the bucket for your share!

I have to say. I will be getting a boat again. A raider 18 will do. I only need a 2 seater that can take me +1 to Alderney.

Hi Simon
Book me a seat to Alderney please in first class please
Geordie

Hi Simon
Book me a seat in first class please
Geordie

It's the time of year to put away the rifle, pick up the shotgun and go wildfowling. A lot like stalking in that you have to get up very early and more often than not shoot nothing. Also Like stalking it is also quite addictive.

Still quite a few bass knocking around the bay here, myself and my father in law are off flatty bashing (flounder fishing) tomorrow on low tide as that suits best fishing here. We don't get that much here mainly flounder. I use to stick lines out near the channels that use to bring in codling around glass on dock.

For those who fish for flat fish like flounder ever tried treading for them bare footed, great experience.

Back