3030 scope

Hulse

Hi guys

just been to range with my winchester 3030 however I could not see much of the target at 100 yards I'm using a leupold m8 x4. Was thinking of changing it but not sure ? Also what I change it for with a bit more mag around the same price as I would get from the m8

thanks

Hi guys

just been to range with my winchester 3030 however I could not see much of the target at 100 yards I'm using a leupold m8 x4. Was thinking of changing it but not sure ? Also what I change it for with a bit more mag around the same price as I would get from the m8

thanks

Here, that set-up you have would be considered ideal. I guess if you can't see the target though, it's time to switch scopes.~Muir

Here, that set-up you have would be considered ideal. I guess if you can't see the target though, it's time to switch scopes.~Muir

I was only shooting at a 3 inch target so probably needed a bigger target and start at 50 yards then I think it will be ok. I could see the target just not zero it.

Bearing in mind what kind of rifle it is, I'd suggest something in the region of 3-9x40. Maybe a Leupold VX I or VX II. Anything bigger and I think it'd look daft.
My old Marlin 45-70 looked the business with a 6x42 mounted, and was really well balanced as well.

I have the same setup on my marlin, it works great for stalking, had a e o tec on it before that

If you increase the magnification then you will decrease the field of view. If you cannot "see much of the target" with a x4 scope I have to ask whether you have got the correct eye relief, i.e. is youreye either too close to or too far away from the ocular?

-JMS

If you increase the magnification then you will decrease the field of view. If you cannot "see much of the target" with a x4 scope I have to ask whether you have got the correct eye relief, i.e. is youreye either too close to or too far away from the ocular?

-JMS

i can see the target fine was just having trouble zero at 100. Hence why I said now zero at 50 foray to get on paper

Back