Swarovski 6 x 42 Habicht

Naseby

I've just treated myself to a Sako Hunter Quad in 22LR and was considering this scope.

Any thoughts, opinions, experiences welcome.

would also welcome the same on mounts/rings

Thanks in advance

Naseby.

I used one on a PH 22-250 for a number of years with absolutely no issues.

When I sold it the buyer made me an offer I could not refuse to include the scope after he tried it on the range.

I have one on my Finnfire. Great scope much better than a zoom of the same price £250.
I take 22lr should be .22RF ?

Very sensible to go for a fixed power scope - and 6x42 is as sensible as it gets. Most people are 'over-scoped' and for deer stalking just leave it on x4 or x6 almost all the time, therefore having spent a lot of money on a capability they rarely or never need.
You may be interested in this article and also in this one.
I myself use a Sightron Series 11 6x42 fixed power on two of my rifles and do not see a need for anything more fancy - and you can't go wrong with a Habicht!

And on you ticket it says ? .22RF :gheyfight:

Which is correct in respect that is is of .22 calibre and the case is a Rim Fire. The long Rifle is a chambering which was also know as the .220 Long Rifle:-

29880676.jpg

​As shown here on my model 12/15 BSA martini target rifle.

​There are numerous .22 calibre Rim Fire cartridges that can be shot through the Long Rifle chamber just like one can shoot .38 Special through .357 chambered fire arm.

Yes brithunter I know that, But how many people shoot shorts in a Sako Quad ?
Single shot rifles fair enough but they are a Ba***** with a magazine rifle

is anything actually chambered for the .22short?
Always assumed it was just used in a .22lr chamber

as for FAC nine says quite clearly ".22lr"

looked at a Winchester on trade me today chambered in .22 short, early 20c have also seen Stevens in short and lr.

As long as the scope is fairly modern (say 10 years) and doesn't have a rail, then I would say it is a good purchase. The rail adds complications and the older ones are in need of service by now, far simpler to buy a newer second hand one. For the few old German scopes I've looked through, optically they are not as good as some people make out.

A major consideration for your application is paralax. Paralax isn't adjustable on this scope and will be set to 100 yards normally. At 25 yards you are likely to have problems getting focus, for me normally the result is either the target or crosshairs are out of focus. You may be ok at 50 yards but if a lot of shooting is done indoor at 25 yards, then you may find an airgun oriented scope at a quarter of the price will perform better.

Back