Bamboo

User00003

I was thinking of putting in some bamboo as well as some willow on my grounds up to woodland border,,,hoping to help bring the bucks out of the neighbouring FC woods:norty: apparently they like scraping off velvet on both willow and bamboo,,rumours have it (correct me if I'm wrong).

I know putting 6" willow cuttings in water, or straight in the wet ground will allow them to grow, but what about bamboo? I read somewhere you can actually bury a bamboo stick lenght-wise 6" down, and it will sprout from each section-joint! any takers?

Be careful with bamboo, it can really take off, and when it becomes too established it's a pain in the arse to up root.

you could always get in some giant pandas to keep it down!!!! then when they breed like crazy instead of shipping em back to china to help numbers you could
see if there is a section on CIC for colouration or summit....panda steaks"!!!!!:lol:

sorry couldnt help it...didnt mean to demean your post....ill get ma coat....:coat:

sauer /paul

Be careful with bamboo, it can really take off, and when it becomes too established it's a pain in the arse to up root.

Just use it as a backstop for my load development,,be gone in no time, same with my money on bullets and powder:lol:

what ever ya do dont plant bamboo , the wrong stuff spreads like wild fire and is too thick a cover for anything

As mentioned previously, bamboo in a very invasive plant, if planted may not go down well with your neighbours.

You may fall foul of legislation if introducing non native invasive species, willows may be a better option they love brambles and roses too

Ok, Willow, brambles and roses it is..spring planting project in action..forget the bamboo, enough of the Panda jokes too:rolleyes:

Back