Wanted: Red stag east anglia

palmer_mike

Hope someone can give me a bit of guidance.
Although I'm not really a trophy hunter, and definitely don't have the budget for it usually, it has always been an ambition to have at least one representative trophy of each species.

I would like to find an opportunity to take a representative red stag in east anglia (but my budget isn't up to much so as economically as possible!)

any advice gratefully recieved

​mike

Blimey, let's wait for the popcorn to arrive.

I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard £1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.

Got mine from euston Suffolk see my gallery chris Rodgers is the stalker there .plenty of red in his neck of east Anglia .
​norma

I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard £1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.

I have seen a thread on this forum with stags at £100 per point so that sounds like a great deal from what you say!

Never heard of anyone in Norfolk charging £1000 a point, normal prices for a big trophy animal are £150 + £120 a point , so a 12 pointer would be £1590, taken from a local advertiser in Norfolk.
deerwarden

Never heard of anyone in Norfolk charging £1000 a point, normal prices for a big trophy animal are £150 + £120 a point , so a 12 pointer would be £1590, taken from a local advertiser in Norfolk.
deerwarden

Then I could have been the victim of bullsh** on the beater's cart! :doh: Suggest we all treat it as such, better not let Chris Rogers see this.

Well my euston 10 pointer wasn't a grand a point I'm sure if you ring mr Rodgers he will sort something to suit yr budget even if it is a spiker !
​norma

If you are looking for a representative red stag, why limit yourself to shooting one in East Anglia?

If you are looking for a representative red stag, why limit yourself to shooting one in East Anglia?

Only limiting to e anglia as that's where I live. It's a bit difficult with a young family to get away for a few days on my own to go stalking in Scotland. Much easier to get a pass from the boss to go stalking locally!

Only limiting to e anglia as that's where I live. It's a bit difficult with a young family to get away for a few days on my own to go stalking in Scotland. Much easier to get a pass from the boss to go stalking locally!

I see. Big stags over that way I hear.......:stag:

Resurrecting an old thread but have run into a bit of a problem. Had arranged to take a stag with a member off here near thetford but through no fault of his own it now looks unlikely that he will be able to take me out this year.

so if anyone knows of any opportunities to shoot a trophy red in east anglia next season then please either pm me or reply on here.

All the best,
mike

Back