Deer skin hides? anyone had one "tanned"?

sauer

always fancied getting one done..... i remember an article in shooting times i think but never kept the details:confused:

it was place way down south i believe.and it was around 25-30 quid for a hide.....only downside was you had to cover the bugger asap in salt vacuum pack and get to them within 24hr or summit......:(

no way im doing one masel,

anyone know any "tanneries" ? or sent one of to get done yourself & would you do it again was it worth it?

sauer

Are these people any use to you?
I e-mailed them last year but no reply but they are still in business.

Fenland Sheepskin Company Ltd.
Unit 45 Axe Road.
Colley Lane Industrial Estate,
Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 5LN

Tel: 01278 427586 Fax: 01278 444165
sales@fenlandsheepskins.co.uk

basil.

Last edited:
Are these people any use to you?
I e-mailed them last year but no reply but they are still in business.

Fenland Sheepskin Company Ltd.
Unit 45 Axe Road.
Colley Lane Industrial Estate,
Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 5LN

Tel: 01278 427586 Fax: 01278 444165
sales@fenlandsheepskins.co.uk

basil.

I also tried to contact this company but after several attempts it was clear that they weren't interested in 'one-offs' or small orders. Not sure if they were the company that was in the Shooting Times. JC

I also tried to contact this company but after several attempts it was clear that they weren't interested in 'one-offs' or small orders. Not sure if they were the company that was in the Shooting Times. JC
I spoke to them last week, they are happy enough to do the hide, it needs to be salted ASAP and can be frozen, they do these "one offs" as a sideline so you have to wait in line, I was quoted approx 8 weeks

I spoke to them last week, they are happy enough to do the hide, it needs to be salted ASAP and can be frozen, they do these "one offs" as a sideline so you have to wait in line, I was quoted approx 8 weeks

They told me it couldn't be frozen which I thought was a bit strange since I've never had a problem freezing capes for guests. Maybe I just got the wrong person at the wrong time. Let us know how you get on. JC

Back