Thankyou Recorded Delivery!

hcm1

Just a quick comment on my recent experience.

I recently submitted a variation (2weeks back) for 2 one for one changes. Not heard anything so thought i would just ask if everything was ok.

Telephoned the licencing department only to be told "no we havnt got your forms."

Sh#t thinks I, my certificate is in there. Fortunately i sent it recorded, and tracked it on Royal Mails website and found it had been signed for, and had the name of the person who signed. Called the FLD back and said, this is who signed for it and the time etc.

"we will call back". about 20 mins later they called back and they had found it! Apparently it had been delivered to someones tray without being logged onto the system.

The lady was very helpful and appologised for the inconvenince. (i'm just glad its found!

Really the moral of this ramble is, ALWAYS SEND YOUR CERT MY RECORDED DELIVERY. I guess most people do but if i hadn't i would have been filling in an application about now, the FLD would have thought i lost my certificate. I guess they would have found it but when? At least i could say, yes, look its been delivered to you!!

So, in this case, well worth the £6.22!

As you can guess, im guite happy!!

Just a quick comment on my recent experience.

I recently submitted a variation (2weeks back) for 2 one for one changes. Not heard anything so thought i would just ask if everything was ok.

Telephoned the licencing department only to be told "no we havnt got your forms."

Sh#t thinks I, my certificate is in there. Fortunately i sent it recorded, and tracked it on Royal Mails website and found it had been signed for, and had the name of the person who signed. Called the FLD back and said, this is who signed for it and the time etc.

"we will call back". about 20 mins later they called back and they had found it! Apparently it had been delivered to someones tray without being logged onto the system.

The lady was very helpful and appologised for the inconvenince. (i'm just glad its found!

Really the moral of this ramble is, ALWAYS SEND YOUR CERT MY RECORDED DELIVERY. I guess most people do but if i hadn't i would have been filling in an application about now, the FLD would have thought i lost my certificate. I guess they would have found it but when? At least i could say, yes, look its been delivered to you!!

So, in this case, well worth the £6.22!

As you can guess, im guite happy!!

Wow, 6.22 must have been next day, I usually go recorded at something like 1.22!

I always send any paperwork to do with my certs by recorded delivery just so I have that little piece of paper to say that was when and that was where.My old cert. plastic sleeve used to be full of P.O receipts for the 5 years duration of the certificate.
Only once did I need them when a shotgun sale I had notified my firearms licensing office of went astray but I was glad I had done it that day.
£6 sounds more like special rather than plain old recorded though?

I used to send them recorded, but whenever I tried to check the status they had never been signed for.
Royal Fails answer was if we can't trust the Police who can we trust :doh:
These days they go by hand, either I go and deliver, or FEO collects.

Neil. :)

And sometimes wrongly addressed!

Always thought that they should really have to be signed for

Hmmm looks like i paid over the odds!, never mind, all's well that ends well and i know for next time!

Cheers!

Back