One piece optilock ring mounts

scubadog

Any one use or had experience in the one piece Optilock ring mounts?
Found them £30 cheaper than base + rings!

Any one use or had experience in the one piece Optilock ring mounts?
Found them £30 cheaper than base + rings!

I have three sets in use: 1" holding 6x42s on .308 and .270, and 30mm holding a 5-25x50 on a .22-250. - all sporter barrels.

If they'll fit with your scope and your barrel profile they are IMO a cheaper, lighter and more elegant mount that the ring.base separate bits.

What rifle do you use them on?
I have a sako 75.
I don't understand why the separate base / ring ones are so popular....what is the difference?

What rifle do you use them on?
I have a sako 75.
I don't understand why the separate base / ring ones are so popular....what is the difference?

I had a Sako 75, when I had my first moderator fitted, I ran out of vertical adjustment. Someone machined the base of the bottom half of the ring and that allowed me to get back on target.

I didn't know the single rings existed until someone on here pointed them out. They certainly look good, but will be trickier to adjust if you have alignment issues.

Regards

JCS

I have them on two 75s and an AII.

With respect to vertical adjustment, JCS is correct - less flexibility to tinker if tinkering is needed. They also might not be compatible with great big objectives, especially with big fat barrels.

However for left/right adjustment, the instructions invite us to start with the mount in the middle of the front rail. Moving 1mm forward from there shifts the POI about 1"/100yds right. Rearwards, the same to the left.
This is in contrast to the instruction for fitting the separate-base mounts, for which the back of the forward mount should be flush with the front of the receiever opening.

Back