a book to help me

d foxxer

i am still awaiting my variation to arrive for my 6.5 swede and wont be doing any thing to do withdeer untill well into the

new year and due to a long illness been out of work for last 5 months but hopefully returning to work next week

one of my sons has asked me what i would like for christmas i thought a book but which one can any one reccomend

one for me bearing in mind i know nothing about deer and dont want to get into stalking without learning any thing i plan to book a couple

of trips out with a stalker [NO RIFLE] just to take me around and give me a few pointers to learn but would also like a good

novice type book to read up on any ideas gents thanks dave

A good starting point would be "deer watch" by Richard prior along with "the deer stalking hand book" by Graham downing or "deer stalking and managment" by Lewis potter all good reads for the stalker starting out, and of intrest for the more experienced as well :thumb:

Last edited:
The Deerstalking Handbook, written by Graham Downing, is a splendid read which will answer
the majority of questions and was obviously written by a person who has 'been there and done that!'

Brianm

The manual that supports the DSC 1 is really worth owning. even if you are not going to do the course.

Ezzy

Has it been rewritten and had a spell check lately as the one I've got from 2001 is terrible!?

Has it been rewritten and had a spell check lately as the one I've got from 2001 is terrible!?

It's also worth noting that if you get the "Ultimate Deer Data" disc (which includes the 2011 version of the manual) they will then send you any amendments for it free. It's a bit more pricey, but you get to keep up to date without having to buy the revisions of the manual every year ;)

Back