Turrets not in line with the cross hairs

Brno2e

I just bought a second hand Nikko Stirling Gold Crown 1.5-6x44 tactical scope cheap off Fleabay. Not had time to mount it yet so cannot see if it holds zero but when you look through it and level the cross hairs the turrets are off center by about 30 degrees to the left. Has anyone any idea as it cannot be part of the design or is it ?

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Martyn.

Sounds as if someone has had it apart and not correctly lined up the reticle. If this is the case I would also suspect that any inert gas filling is lost.

Sounds as if someone has had it apart and not correctly lined up the reticle. If this is the case I would also suspect that any inert gas filling is lost.

Not the way any of the scopes I have had are set up, I would think the above is right and that its been apart, or taken a hefty knock

post some pics

fake ones are around and they look it!
that sounds like a DIY job gone wrong

worth repairing though

It does not look fake or to have taken a heavy Knock, think the DIY gone wrong bit is about right, for what i paid for it I think i will see if i can get it on target and holding zero and if so live with it and if not get it repaired, shame as it looks a decent bit of kit.

Seem to remember reading something about fake scopes on eBay???

Who the hell would fake a Nikko Stirling Mike, its the slightly better middle of the road scopes that are being copied in particular Leupold and Burris.

I would agree with what has been said previously in that the scope has probably been reassembled incorrectly or that it wasn't assembled correctly in the first place.

Last edited:
That's a bit like copying a turd, there's no real value in it. :lol:

So many of the cheaper scopes are being knocked out in China and other Paciffic rim countries and badged up for different companies. Funnily enough I had reason to remove the protective rubber cover off a Leapers scope the other day and underneath it was marked Tasco, evidently produced in the same factory.
There was a time when Nikko Stirling were actually quite a bargain buy quality wise but that was many years ago and since then they have become flashier but poorer in quality.

Last edited:
That's a bit like copying a turd, there's no real value in it. :lol:

So many of the cheaper scopes are being knocked out in China and other Paciffic rim countries and badged up for different companies. Funnily enough I had reason to remove the protective rubber cover off a Leapers scope the other day and underneath it was marked Tasco, evidently produced in the same factory.
There was a time when Nikko Stirling were actually quite a bargain buy quality wise but that was many years ago and since then they have become flashier but poorer in quality.

the money is made shifting a million fake unit of a volume product
back in the 60-70's Nikko was a very popular brand for the reason you point out
its only relatively recently they turned to chocolate

I have a handful including a back up scope I put on my 300wm when a Schmidt and Bender reticule snapped on me!

Back