Nosler for the British Shooting Show

brock and norris

We have had repeated requests for Nosler product recently and Ian and I have made a concerted effort to ensure that we do what we can . WE have just placed a huge order that if the gods are with us will be on our shelves for the British Shooting Show. The good news is Highland Outdoors have taken over distributorship of Nosler. We have had the very great pleasure of working closely with John Bright for several years and his Marketing policies have always resulted in great service on good product at a value price for the consumer.
This means that we are able to sell ballistic tip hunting bullets / 30 cal for example at a reduction of on average £7 a box cheaper than we were previously able to from the previous distibutor. Those savings will be passed on to our clients.:D :D. New bullets have been added . The Varmegeddon and the new Accubond Long Range and these will be on the shelf; as well as ballistic tips . Partitions , Accubonds and the new Match bullets.

As always those buying 500 bullets or more will receive quantity discounts. The same as any bullet lines we offer . Yours Respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

What great news - Nice one! Would you be able to give indicative/ballpark pricing for 50/250/500 quantities of .30 BT hunting (150's for example) and some varmint .224 bullets please?

I gave up buying Nosler BT's for my .308 when they hit £29 a box of 50! That and the fact that they were rarely in stock locally..

Thanks

Good to know, what sort of price can you do on 1000 x Nosler 168gr 30cal Custom Competition?

Good to know, what sort of price can you do on 1000 x Nosler 168gr 30cal Custom Competition?

Price is £ 234.00 per 1000 . RRP but we are pricing at £220.00 . 30 cal 150 grain ballistic tips will be going for about £25.00 per 50. Previously they were selling at £34.00 per 50 . A major saving.
If you have any enquiries please call the workshop as I am mad busy at the moment and it is by far and away quicker for Ian and I to answer your enquiries by phone . ATB Mike Norris

Hi Mike.
That is excellent news indeed. Maybe the 'Stranglehold' the main Importers have should be reduced further.
Are you likely to be Stocking Nosler Brass? They are often the only Manufacturer of Quality Brass for the less Mainstream Cartridges.
I recently purchased some of their 25-06 from another source but had my Leg Lifted in the process.

Yorkie.

Last edited:
They went up to £34 for 50?! Holy crap on a cracker, I thought they were pricey when I stopped buying them at £29 box.. :doh:

They're very good, in fact they gave me my best ever groups (so far at least), but I manage a close second best with sierra SP's and they're £20 per 100, so 30p a shot less. I know they're not the same, but it does let me shoot more for less money and I don't know if the deer/foxes notice a great difference!

Thanks Mike, while that's certainly better than MidwayUK's silly prices it's still a lot more than I currently pay for them.

[
Price for 25.06 is going to be about £ 1- 1.10 a case. But and it is a big but.... the brass is top quality and is fully match prepped and weight sorted . So you get what you pay for. We will be stocking nosler brass, and we will endeavour to keep the pricing sensible. However you guys must realise that quality costs!!!! and we cannot afford to keep the stock levels that we do and make precisely nothing on products. Everything is paid for from profit .I am not ashamed to say that we make a modest and I do mean modest profit on the products we sell.
we do not operate from home, from a garden shed or out of the boot of a car. Our business premises , power, business rates , tooling costs , staff wages are all paid for out of the modest profit that we make. WE don' t "lift peoples leg" . we just try to keep good stocks of everything that shooters use , and stay in business, ooh I nearly forgot I have the need to feed myself and pay my household bills once in a while as well. Yours respectfully Mike Norris
Yorkie.[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with that - people seem to forget that a business needs to make money, and yes top quality always costs, though sometimes a manufacturer knocks out top quality at reasonable costs too..

Mike, I certainly wasn't having a go at you on pricing, for a UK supplier yours is the best price I've seen by a long way.

Mike.
You seem to have got the impression i had bought the Nosler Brass from you and had my leg lifted?
Absolutely not. I got it from another source. I merely mentioned this in the hope i now had another source, namely you.
I apologise if i caused any confusion and offence.

Yorkie.

Mike.
You seem to have got the impression i had bought the Nosler Brass from you and had my leg lifted?
Absolutely not. I got it from another source. I merely mentioned this in the hope i now had another source, namely you.
I apologise if i caused any confusion and offence.

Yorkie.

Good morning Yorkie. No offence taken I was merely making a statement. Many , many times I have seen on this site and others the similar theme that shooters want the best, the very best ! they want their local dealer to have shelves laden with stock , they want choice...........BUT ... they DONT WANT TO PAY FOR IT!!!!! Well gents it is about time someone addressed the elephant in the room . STock costs. If you are bringing product in from abroad it costs a lot!!!!.
I get tired of those who constantly say ooooh that much I will get it from the states myself. WELL gents even recoil lugs, screws ,extractor kits , brass, bottom metal even bolt knobs require export licences now and they cost. HMRC take 24% that's on the total cost of the shipment/ transport included ,and then you have the price of your licences , freight forwarder commission etc to be taken into consideration. ALL stock has to be paid for in advance , no thirty days credit . when some orders are costing £30k then that is one huge hit on your cash flow. Plus I may not see that order for 4-6 months. Some barrel mnufacturers like bartlein and Kreiger are now on 12 -14 months. There are some shooters who some want it for f#@k all. The favourite one being " can you loose the v.a.t.?" . So the customer is asking for a 20% discount. Absolutely not . I pay vat on everything we buy. I pay it you pay it. There is no way on earth that I will ever fall foul of HMRC . I have had one v.a.t. inspection and was left feeling well and truly ass invaded .
Well that is my rant over with. and I am going to get down off this soap box as I suffer from vertigo. Most guys would absolutely blanche if they knew the costs of stocking and running the business . Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

Mike, I'm well aware of the cost to import stuff into the UK and how badly UK distributors never mind customers get ripped off.

I've bought several thousand Noslers in the US where they are around £137/1000, however, my last order for 2000 bullets cost me £170/1000 including carriage, this was from a European supplier so all VAT, taxes etc. were fully paid.

As I said your price is by far the best of any UK supplier and I certainly wasn't knocking you for it.

Mike while most understand where your coming from years of dealing with certain importers have left some very bad tastes in the mouth.

I am one who has in the past got direct from the US. price was not the reason time was. After ordering a set of Lee Dies and being told by the official importer that they would take 6-12 months to get. I got online and bought direct from Lee and had them in hand with in two weeks. So cancelled my order and who could really blame me. Just because the dies were for an uncommon cartridge, some would say obsolete cartridge, the importer simply could not be bothered with my little order.

I am currently waiting for some Weaver bases and rings from a shop in the US. These are for the P-H Midland 2100 once again not common and it seems that no one had them. Even the shop in US had to get them in from Weaver.

I realise the bullets are an entirely different ball game and vastly more complicated due to the stupidity of the Expanding fiasco :rolleyes: however some previous importers were really whacking the margins on. One only ha to look at the price drop on some of the stuff now being imported by the new agents.

I wish you well with your new enterprise.

Mike.
Agree 100% with what you say. Profit is not a dirty word and it would seem that Nosler Products can now be sold at a significant reduction AND allow the Retailer to maintain his Margins. I look forward to relieving you of some Nosler Products.

Yorkie.

Back