Aldi Trail Cam review

bewsher500

already a post on speculation but I thought I would give my 2p on what they are like now I have them in my hands

Size:
smaller than expected
nice feature as IMO some of them are too big
runs on 8 AA batteries (included, 4 for OS and 4 for IR) too which cuts down on battery compartment

Build:
build quality is good, metal snap locks hold case shut on waterproof seal
battery compartment is separate (not desperate!) and covered by clip down plate
Plastic throughout but solid stuff even the frame for the strap to attach to trees ect
come with a variety of fixings including nylon tension strap and a screw fitting to fix to a surface and then use a small camera style female thread in the base

Instruction free idiot proof operation
Obviously designed by men and for men, ignored the booklet and dived straight in
whizzed through the settings and menu and set it all up in a flash

Settings/Features:
can run Video and Camera or seperately
choose size and number of pics
choose length of video
choose delay to activate and interval period
power saving feature
Colour screen
AV output with cables included

for something that is either going to get soaked and or stolen they are bang on
Ready to go, I picked it up, put batteries and card in, set settings and dropped it off at a fox trap I have running on the way home

will post pics, vids etc tomorrow as I hope to catch the baaastard that is stealing all my bird food red handed tonight too!

Last edited:
already a post on speculation but I thought I would give my 2p on what they are like now I have them in my hands

Size:
smaller than expected
runs on 8 AA batteries (included, 4 for OS and 4 for IR) too which cuts down on battery compartment

Build:
battery compartment is desperate and covered by clip down plate
Plastic throughout but solid stuff even the frame for the strap to attach to trees ect
come with a variety of fixings including nylon tension strap and a screw fitting to fix to a surface and then use a small camera style female thread in the base

Obviously designed by men and for men, ignored the booklet and dived straight in

Settings/Features:
choose length of video
power saving feature
Colour screen

Ready to go, I picked it up, put batteries and card in, set settings and dropped it off at a fox trap I have running on the way home

will post pics, vids etc tomorrow as I hope to catch the baaastard that is stealing all my bird food red handed tonight too!

got mine as well and echo your comments. well made and a breeze to set up. The ir flash is visible so not totally stealthy at night.

might buy another one later on! after i find out what is having a poo in the back garden.
ps i have spoken with my battery compartment and its said its not that desperate.:rofl:

Size:
smaller than expected

Build:
battery compartment is desperate and covered by clip down plate

Settings/Features:
choose length of video
power saving feature
Colour screen

Can you confirm how much they are to buy as Aldi is a bit of a drive for me.

Cheers

P

trying to go and get 2 but the car is in garage getting breaks done... also want the cheapo chainsaw on offer too!

I was at Aldi in Dumfries at 09.00 this morning and they were all gone! Have to camp in the car park next time, or chai myself to their door handles!!!

Got one out of Galashiels Aldi first thing - look like good kit for the price.

I am going to break with tradition and actually read the instructions before I try to use it, or ask the kids to help me.......

hh

Quite a few at Towcester this morning. Was there at crack of sparrows and there was a queue of people at the door. Four guys headed straight for the chainsaw deal but no one else for the trailcam.

Set mine up for a test in the garden. Nice and easy to set pup. If the results are as good as the first impressions I will be pleased.

no pics/vids!
forgot to set the bloody thing last night!
useless thing doesnt have an alarm to remind user to turn it on before bed

i set mine out on the farm next to a likely looking track with a rabbit as bait.

going back tonight to collect!

also i was watching the IR flash last night and it is actually not that noticeable.

Back