Vacancy: A job someone might like but sadly not for me

teyhan1

Got this through today. Thought someone might like to apply.

As a recent applicant of ours I thought you might be interested in hearing about the following position which has come in today.
Please respond back if interested in applying_

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Experienced Gardener / Handyperson / Driver (Live In) Surrey
£500 net per week

Belgravia Staffing are currently looking to recruit an experienced gardener (must have previous private estate experience)
with additional experience in repairs and driving a range of vehicles.

Live-in Gardener / Handyman / Driver based in 20 acre estate in Surrey

• £500 net per week.
• Accommodation is a furnished bedsit type property above garage / no pets or family
• Post is reporting to the Estate Manager
• Duties include Gardening: Hedge Cutting, Strimming, Mowing (sit down mower), Manual labour (Chopping Logs)
• Driving: School runs, pick-ups, driving high performance cars, car washing / valeting and shopping
• Repairs: General repairs across the property / estate. Loading / unloading.
• Hours of Work: Mon – Fri / 8am – 6pm
Saturday / 8am – 2pm
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

kind regards

Oliver
Management Consultant

Tel No: 01372 844 731

Got this through today. Thought someone might like to apply.

As a recent applicant of ours I thought you might be interested in hearing about the following position which has come in today.
Please respond back if interested in applying_

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Experienced Gardener / Handyperson / Driver (Live In) Surrey
£500 net per week

Belgravia Staffing are currently looking to recruit an experienced gardener (must have previous private estate experience)
with additional experience in repairs and driving a range of vehicles.

Live-in Gardener / Handyman / Driver based in 20 acre estate in Surrey

• £500 net per week.
• Accommodation is a furnished bedsit type property above garage / no pets or family
• Post is reporting to the Estate Manager
• Duties include Gardening: Hedge Cutting, Strimming, Mowing (sit down mower), Manual labour (Chopping Logs)
• Driving: School runs, pick-ups, driving high performance cars, car washing / valeting and shopping
• Repairs: General repairs across the property / estate. Loading / unloading.
• Hours of Work: Mon – Fri / 8am – 6pm
Saturday / 8am – 2pm
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

kind regards

Oliver
Management Consultant

Tel No: 01372 844 731

Really want there moneys worth here 56 hour a week looks like you would be at on call constantly £500.00 net
not a lot for the job spec .

Really want there moneys worth here 56 hour a week looks like you would be at on call constantly £500.00 net
not a lot for the job spec .

No accommodation fees and £2k net minimum a month?

That's £31200 gross plus accommodation!! add minimum £500 a month for that to that and its bloody nearly £40k!!
For a manual labourer!

I think we have unrealistic expectations of what paid work really is if you think that is "money's worth"

its the reason we have 2.4m unemployed and 1.2m doleys who are too good for the 4-600,000 jobs that are advertised daily

That's £31200 gross plus accommodation!! add minimum £500 a month for that to that and its bloody nearly £40k!!
For a manual labourer!

I think we have unrealistic expectations of what paid work really is if you think that is "money's worth"

its the reason we have 2.4m unemployed and 1.2m doleys who are too good for the 4-600,000 jobs that are advertised daily
I am in total agreement with you, a damned good package if you ask me.
Well done to the OP for putting this up, it might help someone looking for a job.
Cheers
Richard

Those "duties" sound like the jobs an average husband/parent have to do when they get home from work for their own home anyway.
dont forget about train fare/fuel/parking/ to travel to work.

Average travel time is probably another 10hours per week (unpaid).

£8.9 an hour for being a chauffeur, nanny, gardener/grounds keeper and a handyman plus being on call. and no mention about holidays. so one person to do that of 4 to 5 persons.

what year was this advert from. 1900's

guess it will be another job for an overseas worker

For a manual labourer!

+2

id like them hours for that money

This is interesting, kind of sorts the workers from the shirkers. May seem a lot of work for not a lot of money at first glance, but are you really telling me that this is not a good job for a single, unemployed person. If suitable people were to turn this sort of opportunity down because they could do better on benefits etc, then they would lose their benefits if it were up to me.

This should bring out some interesting replies :D.

John

For a manual labourer!

The taxman will still take a big slice of the value of the accomodation! "Benefit in kind"

David.

For a manual labourer!

We'll it would be nearly 20 grand a year more than I'm on now!!! I agree it's a good deal for someone for sure , as long as they can handle getting lost on that huge 20 acre patch !!!

I just read the small print , you have to do the owners wife every night....

Attachments

• urgh!.jpg
    urgh!.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 33
£500/week in your pocket and a roof over your head thrown in as well. If I didn't have kids, a wife and a damned Teckel I'd apply. It is easy work.
Then perhaps you don't want to drive around in the bosses Range Rover or mow a bit of grass whilst seated on a ride on mower. If anything it's so easy I'd probably get bored.

For a manual labourer!

Fully agree, I think some people have unrealistic expectations.

Back