The Devils powder....

gixer1

Thought I'd try a different powder for my 223 and 30-30 so picked up a tub of BLC2....its the Devils powder I tell you!

put it I to the lee thrower and it pretty much immediately started seizing up! What a pain...

i will ill say it was really consistant in the dippers though...

33.5gr pushing a 150gr bullet in the 30-30 and 26.5gr under a 50gr spitzer for the 223, will see how they shoot tomorrow...

regards,
Gixer

Thought I'd try a different powder for my 223 and 30-30 so picked up a tub of BLC2....its the Devils powder I tell you!

put it I to the lee thrower and it pretty much immediately started seizing up! What a pain...

i will ill say it was really consistant in the dippers though...

33.5gr pushing a 150gr bullet in the 30-30 and 26.5gr under a 50gr spitzer for the 223, will see how they shoot tomorrow...

regards,
Gixer

Hard to imagine. BLc2 usually meters quite well.~Muir

It meters ok Muir but as its so fine it gets between the rotating cylinder and the body and makes the thrower bind up, it pretty much seized up so it wouldn't move!

That shouldn't be happening. Did you try disassembling the drum and reassembling it?~Muir

It meters ok Muir but as its so fine it gets between the rotating cylinder and the body and makes the thrower bind up, it pretty much seized up so it wouldn't move!

I agree, and know exactly where your coming from.
I use it in my .222 sometimes and it is a royal pain in the butt to trickle.
I far prefer H322, but I'm running low so trying to eek it out.

You need to tighten the rotor fixing screw a little. The rotor and the measure cavity it sits inside are tapered and the degree of tension determines what amount of clearance exists between them. A gap that is OK for extruded powders will allow fine grained ball in and jam the mechanism up.

You need to tighten the rotor fixing screw a little. The rotor and the measure cavity it sits inside are tapered and the degree of tension determines what amount of clearance exists between them. A gap that is OK for extruded powders will allow fine grained ball in and jam the mechanism up.

Did this with no effect....it becomes difficult to rotate.

Back