france is now on a security clampdown GOOD felt safe

tozzybum

took ma n the mrs to france this weekend ,empty ferry out .empty ferry back despite ski season in full swing.guess charlie hebdo has scared alot of peeps away.all i can say is go ,dont let the :evil: fe....s think theyve won.theyve awoke a very angry bear.the ferry port ,roads into and out of town are guarded and patrolled .never seen so many armed gendarmes.every where we went .the illegals are being stomped on by lots of patrols .outside our hotel they patrolled all night.the usual booze cruise haunts guarded any where u thought of going les flix are out n about.good to see after what went off.just a pity our countrys more interested in speed cameras than protecting people

took ma n the mrs to france this weekend ,empty ferry out .empty ferry back despite ski season in full swing.guess charlie hebdo has scared alot of peeps away.all i can say is go ,dont let the :evil: fe....s think theyve won.theyve awoke a very angry bear.the ferry port ,roads into and out of town are guarded and patrolled .never seen so many armed gendarmes.every where we went .the illegals are being stomped on by lots of patrols .outside our hotel they patrolled all night.the usual booze cruise haunts guarded any where u thought of going les flix are out n about.good to see after what went off.just a pity our countrys more interested in speed cameras than protecting people

How can you say that about our illustrious police force. I'll bet every member of parliament, lord and lady, bigwig in London is protected to the hilt. :rolleyes:

quite easy,call me dave has sprinkled the m25 with grey speed cameras that also tell im if you had your tonsils out but if abdul the retard opens up wid is ak47 ,the ARU is 20 miles away investigating a donut as there isnt enough of them.sorry peeps dixon of dock green isnt going to talk down someone willing to lay down his life for his religion

France has far more speed cameras than the UK along with on the spot fines and average speeds between tolls.

Remember guys, the twin towers were destroyed by two Stanley knives so these new surveilance cameras will be a good source of new matierial for the mind numbinly boring and repetitive TV programmes such as...
Cops with cameras
Police Interceptors
Night cops
Traffic cops
Coppers
999 etc
How many times do we need to see a £3,000,000 helicopter chase a kid on a £50 scooter?

Last edited:
Gonna need google translate here

What for? Anyway, you have me...

France has nothing like the number of CCTV cameras and speed cameras that the UK has, nowhere else on earth does. We've gone insane on this stuff. Also in France, motorists quite regularly vandalise speed cameras. Last year's attempt at collecting an environmental tax on HGV's using the sorts of cameras used in London for the congestion charge ended in a huge and expensive disaster as people set the arrays on fire.

France behaving like it's at war is nothing new. It's pretty unpleasant when the country is periodically flooded with assault rifles on the streets. It doesn't help that most of our police look like paratroopers. It doesn't help much with the "Fraternité" part of the equation...

CCTV cameras were introduced to combat the Irish terrorist issue, now we have got that cleared up they should all be dismantled like directly after the second world war the weapons in circulation went back to the government armories from the home guard and other groups.
Or am I just being a bit naive?
5.56 auto rifles carried by paramilitary types in airports give me the wobble though, there full circle we are back to rick o shea.
Martin

Remember guys, the twin towers were destroyed by two Stanley knives so these new surveilance cameras will be a good source of new matierial for the mind numbinly boring and repetitive TV programmes such as...
Cops with cameras
Police Interceptors
Night cops
Traffic cops
Coppers
999 etc
How many times do we need to see a £3,000,000 helicopter chase a kid on a £50 scooter?
here it is scrambled when the MP's push bike is nicked

I don't have a problem with cameras.
After the recent severe assault on a uni professor in his own home it was cameras that helped to nail the 4 thugs that almost beat the guy to death.

I don't have a problem with cameras

I'm the same. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear :thumb:

I remember reading somewhere that (and don't quote me on the exact figures, it's the basic premise I'm referring to) the UK has something like 6% of the worlds population, but 80% of the CCTV cameras

yeh id rather see people on the streets than a camera following me around any day .america was the same when i went to Florida .cops here there and everywhere .if anything happens a man on the spot is better than video evidence for the coroner dont u think

Do they prevent crime? There is some research that they may, but the effect, especially on drunken behaviour, assaults and general non-premeditated offences initially decreases when cameras are installed and then creeps up again.

As for detecting crime, they can be of immense use. Even where the criminals are savvy and commit crime where they can't be seen, often they are spotted going to or from the scene, or their cars are. A major part of any criminal enquiry these days is people sitting in rooms for days on end looking at video footage.

I really don't think that the general public's privacy is invaded more in direct relation to how many cameras there are. The public bodies just don't have the money now to employ people to sit looking at screens 24/7.

Camera works (or should) 24 / 7
Camera records evidence.
Cop on every street corner 24 / 7 ????? Hmmm

If you object to a camera "watching you"....would you object to a cop doing the same ?

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear :thumb:

Ah, the justification of authoritarian governments and police states everywhere... The problem is that you don't have much control on who decides what it is that you may wish to hide. It's probably true that most of the time, we have the good fortune to be dealing with benign Powers that Be, but surely since the Iraq war at least we've noticed that it's soooo easy for that to slip. Think about it this way: would you be happy for your partner to open all your bank statements or credit card bills? Most of the time, it really wouldn't matter, but sometimes, you may have a perfectly legitimate reason to not want to share it. Perhaps you've forked out on a big birthday present or something and it's a surprise. In that case, refusing access to your bills suddenly would attract hostile suspicion probably. Better to respect each other's privacy in the first place.

I'm happy to trust the Government if they'll trust me in equal measure.

Seems to me a lot of people want the best of everything.
We want criminals and terrorists caught, but we don't want stop and search or CCTV or metal detectors or whatever else to impact on our own lives. We want strong police powers and presence but we dont want Police everywhere. We want the authorities to trust us but not to trust them...
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. This isn't North Korea, so I hardly think we're in danger of suddenly losing our intellectual freedom just because somebody can watch us all pick our noses and scratch our balls on camera.

On a tv chat show someone came out with the "nothing to hide,nothing to fear argument". Someone else immediately asked him how much he earned?, how much his mortgage was?, did he have an overdraft? etc etc.
It worked quite well.

Back