how do i apply for a" hunters number "

mikerob

i have dsc level 1 , but don't have a hunters number to unable me to sell the deer I have shot to the game dealer , this is something I would only do when my own freezer in full as we eat most of which I shoot .would anyone be able to tell me the route to go to obtain one . cheers

i have dsc level 1 , but don't have a hunters number to unable me to sell the deer I have shot to the game dealer , this is something I would only do when my own freezer in full as we eat most of which I shoot .would anyone be able to tell me the route to go to obtain one . cheers

Just call BASC or whoever you did your dsc1 with - they'll give it to you over the phone

As previously said, your 'trained hunter's number' appears on you certificate.

On a different note, where do you guys get your tags from? Is there a template or do you make your own with space for the relevant information?

As previously said, your 'trained hunter's number' appears on you certificate.

On a different note, where do you guys get your tags from? Is there a template or do you make your own with space for the relevant information?

Can order tags from the bds website £10 a roll, not sure if there is anywhere cheaper.

I have to be honest, if you don't know where to find the number are you confident that you have sufficient understanding of the requirements and responsibilities that go along with signing the declaration? Sorry if that sounds harsh but I'm just being honest.

I have to be honest, if you don't know where to find the number are you confident that you have sufficient understanding of the requirements and responsibilities that go along with signing the declaration? Sorry if that sounds harsh but I'm just being honest.

Not sure what finding the number on your certificate has to do with any of the above?

Not sure what finding the number on your certificate has to do with any of the above?

Other than its probably easier to find than a small lymph node......

The actual title of the thread is 'How do I apply for a Hunters Number?' and the point that I was making is that its not just about getting a number, its actually about understanding the subject and then using your knowledge and experience to ensure that the food we eat and sell is fit and has been handled correctly.

To be honest, I suspect that you could just write 1234 on the tag and no-one would even notice.

Last edited:
Can order tags from the bds website £10 a roll, not sure if there is anywhere cheaper.

Yeah and the first person to work out what type of pen or pencil you can use to write on the waxy glossy labels will get a prize, because a Permanent Marker, pencil, biro or any other implement I have tried doesn't work ;)

Yeah and the first person to work out what type of pen or pencil you can use to write on the waxy glossy labels will get a prize, because a Permanent Marker, pencil, biro or any other implement I have tried doesn't work ;)

bite the end of your finger off and write it in blood ?

EH (AKA as I have my level 2 now!!!!!)

I use a Staedler Lumocolor permanent CD/DVD marker, but I know you were just TESTING ALL OF US!!!

Back