New Ground...

Have to say that at the sight of the bacon in beans i nearly brought fourth my dinner and splattered it over the computer screen as the recollection of all those nightmarish months eating that shiiiiit out of army rat packs! :-|

Doesn't look so bad in the sanger though. :D

Forget the stalking the grub looks bang on!

Yes mate, the grub was spot on!

Although we did take our stalking gear, the day was only really about checking various ranges/distances and mapping out likely buck territories.

Jet, my lab, was a bit fed up with all the sitting around...

bigfella.jpg

Have to say that at the sight of the bacon in beans i nearly brought fourth my dinner and splattered it over the computer screen as the recollection of all those nightmarish months eating that shiiiiit out of army rat packs! :-|

Doesn't look so bad in the sanger though. :D

Mmmm....you just reminded me of the compo sausages...they were great...even if you couldn't **** for a week after scoffing them!!! :D

I am prepared to donate 6 tins of compo sausages to the best 10-man ration pack story.

The bangers are genuine and are in date.

​Over to you.

god i used to luv primula cheese spread on biscuit brown....the curry in a tin heated on a hexy was a diff story it was bad on the guts...

i can remeber eating german ww2 rat packs....jam..butter...some kind of meat...a cake bread thing ...just for fun in the kitchen at grampas haha..to be fair it was it was only 70 year old and tasted fine...

I am prepared to donate 6 tins of compo sausages to the best 10-man ration pack story.

The bangers are genuine and are in date.

​Over to you.

Shortly after me and my mates joined our regiment we went on Exercise Eternal Triangle; one of the big FTXs we used to have in Germany, with virtually unrestricted movement acros huge tracts of land. One night my mate's troop got bumped (attacked) and as they set off out of their hide his commander told him to put breakfast in the BV (Boiling Vessel) so that at least they'd get a hot breakfast for their trouble. Two hours later they pulled up in a new hide and after doing all the usual ocupation drills, the commander says, "get breakfast out then". When he pulled the cans out of the BV there was one of chocolate, sweets and matches, and one of mixed veg. He'd been so scared of showing a light that he'd just grabbed the first two cans that came to hand. His commander was none too chuffed and I think he explained things with gusto. From that day on my mate was known as "Mixed Veg".

Back