Thanks to Jager SA

Paul 600

Got my rifle back from Jager SA after having it coated and screw cut, Very pleased with it!:D
DSC00094.jpg

Last edited:
It certainly looks the part. Jager Sporting Arms have kindly donated a Duracoat rifle job as a prize at the SD /H4H shoot in Monmouth on the 31st October.

Very nice bipod and the scope rings look good the rest looks like something out of a childrens toy catalogue. I cannot understand while people get a perfectly good rifle coated in cheap paint. Unless of coarse you are in the arm forces and need to camoflage it as a life saving tac

Last edited:
The only opinion that counts is the owner's and i doubt Jagare would do anything that the client didn't want.

He's obviously happy with it, but i wouldn't thankyou for treating any of my rifles like that.

The only opinion that counts is the owner's and i doubt Jagare would do anything that the client didn't want.

He's obviously happy with it, but i wouldn't thankyou for treating any of my rifles like that.

The benefits of treating with cerakote far out weigh the disadvantages, :lol: have a quick search and see how much it protects! :D

Scotsgun I think you are confusing JagerSA with Jagare - two entirely different guys though they sound similar.

It always astounds me why people feel obliged to make derogatory comments about something which the Owner is obviously pleased with. If something is not to an individuals personal taste, then just move on.

For myself, Jager SA do a good quality coating job at reasonable cost, if one happens to prefer Wood and Blue, that is an individual choice. I happen to like both on the appropriate Rifle.

Rant Over.

Best

Peter

That's several thousand pounds worth of Callum Ferguson's work with a Schmidt & Bender PM II on top!
Well worth a bit of extra protection if you ask me.
Nice job mate, I'd be happy with it too!
MS:)

Having an opinion on this means one should keep there mouth shut for me it looks like a toy gun end of and if you really want to protect an expencive rifle then by a cheap one to use and leave the expencive one in the cuboard. ;)

Looks like a very tidy job to me :thumb:

It always astounds me why people feel obliged to make derogatory comments about something which the Owner is obviously pleased with. If something is not to an individuals personal taste, then just move on.

A big +1 on this.
In these circumstances if you have nothing nice to say, best to say nothing at all.

Neil. :)

Having an opinion on this means one should keep there mouth shut for me it looks like a toy gun end of and if you really want to protect an expencive rifle then by a cheap one to use and leave the expencive one in the cuboard. ;)

So what does a 'real' gun look like then in your open mouthed opinion?
Lovely bit of walnut maybe that you are frightened to get fingerprints on and scared to use. Not to mention the fact that wood 'moves' as its moisture content changes, which it invariably does! Or maybe some nice blued metalwork which rusts as soon as it gets put in a slip slightly damp! That will be the expensive one that would stay in my cupboard. Nice to carry whilst out on a summer's evening after the odd Roe Buck but useless for practical deer management.
Some of us on here do a 'real' job of deer management and quite like to take an expensive rifle along to ensure we do the job to the best of our abilities. Crawling around in the mud in the middle of winter is a test for most equipment. A 'cheap' rifle to use isn't really the best option here is it?
The fact that someone chooses to protect his investment in the best way possible is entirely his choice. To suggest that it looks like a toy gun with a cheap paint job would indicate to me that you have no idea what you are loooking at! If you don't like it, that's fine, but you don't have to 'rubbish' it!
I suggest you go and polish your wood!;)
MS:p

QUOTE Some of us like to do a job of deer management so we get our guns duffle coated give me a brake. Some of us like to cover our guns with paint to protect our investment not a chance !!!!If you think covering a gun with paint will protect it think again . My deer management is and has been done for thirty year with a nice cheapo rifle that shoots really well and i might only shoot a couple of deer ayear but i know what i like . That is a well made gun in its original state if you are in to wood then there are some nice rifles to be had with quality wood on them. If you are into crawling about in the mud and scratching your wood then there are many many other options to look at.The paint jobs that were getting done by the Target lads has spilled over onto the wannabees on here and for me its like the boy racers car tacky tac trying to be somthing its not. PS duracoat or other would not last ten minutes on a real stalkers rifle.

But its only my opinion and spanker you might like the lowerd saxo with halgen lights pointing at the moon. but sorry thats not for me nor is the painted plastic rifle.:lol:

Back