Fox Lamping Kit

Sika Stag

Off-topic from deerstalking - but I'm in the market for a new 'Fox Lamping Kit' for my Tikka T3 .308 rifle and I am keen to hear of peoples views / recommendations etc. I'd probably be looking at a 'rifle mounted option' with portable battery pack. There are so many on the market just now but I would like to get the 'best' I could afford - something which is sturdy but lightweight, reliable, and with a good battery life and good variable light beam.

:)

Hi Sika,

It depends on what range effectively you wish to spot at.

I have a Night Master NM800 (Red Beam) and it is a remarkable bit of kit for the money.

Manufacturer claims 800m, I think realistic identification at 400m, which is a HELL of a long way at night.

Worth a look certainally if you are looking for a scope viewed lamping solution.

Buy Night Master NM800 High Power Tac Light Gun Light with Coloured LED Output - shop at suppliers Scott Country

NMcolour.jpg

Alternatively i still say that the Lightforce variable hand helds take a lot of beating for a hand held solution.

Regards

Paul

Given you're looking for rifle mounted then without hesitation I would recommend the NM800 - or its bigger sibling, the XSearcher. You can change the LED for all the main colours and the performance is stunning - and all the more when you consider the size and battery life - there's even an IR drop in if you want to go with NV. As Paul at SC says it punches well above its weight and I have painted a hillside at 1000 yards with one. I'm not claiming ID at that range at all - but are you really going to want to ID beyond 4-500 yards? This product absolutely does what it says on the tin.

If you plan on coming to the http://www.deerstalkingfair.co.uk in two weeks time you can play about with the NM800 range in our dark tunnel, or even try out its IR sibling, on a new Yukon Photon on our stand!

I have been using the NM800IR on the new Photon for development, and it is a remarkable piece of kit.

I demo'd a red LED NM800 to a customer who popped into our office today, and without a lie, I could light up a reflective road sign up the road from our office in daylight.

Lots of video footage on You Tube, but this is worth a look.

!

(Contains hunting scenes)

Paul

Last edited:
Paul - thanks - I might actually be coming down to that fair - so if I do I will take you up on that offer.

More than welcome, we will have lots of toys for you to play with and a TV crew will be filming on our stand on Sat.

Regards

Paul

Hi Sika,

It depends on what range effectively you wish to spot at.

I have a Night Master NM800 (Red Beam) and it is a remarkable bit of kit for the money.

Manufacturer claims 800m, I think realistic identification at 400m, which is a HELL of a long way at night.

Worth a look certainally if you are looking for a scope viewed lamping solution.

Buy Night Master NM800 High Power Tac Light Gun Light with Coloured LED Output - shop at suppliers Scott Country

NMcolour.jpg

Alternatively i still say that the Lightforce variable hand helds take a lot of beating for a hand held solution.

Regards

Paul

Dare I ask how much one of those sets you back?

Back