Night Master 800 or ND100 Laser

Bali

I hope this question hasn't been raised before but does any one have experience of the Night Master 800 compared to the ND100 green Laser ? I am in the market for a more portable lamp to put on the scope for foxing out to 200yds max. Also can the laser work with Night Vision I have a Litton gen 2+ an excellent piece of kit but it helps to throw a little light on the subject now and again.
Reading all the blurb I am tempted with the laser, what do you think
Cheers
Nick

Hi Paul
Have you tried it against the laser that's what I really need to find out, my mate uses the 800 and I am impressed

Hi Paul
Have you tried it against the laser that's what I really need to find out, my mate uses the 800 and I am impressed
I just posted this in general discussion...

here ya go......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UniqueFire...item3cd4899464

Those laser designators aren't what you'd expect..... I have the light like in the link and a green laser designator. The laser stops working under 10 degrees Celsius and bothers the animals.... I have shined fox, badger, hogs, deer, dogs, cats, and horses with the light and they don't even notice it. The laser designator makes them nervous right away. One morning, I had 6 deer laying about 50 ft off the trail I was driving.. car lights never bothered them, I stopped, put down the window and shined the light on them with no reaction. Shined them with the laser designator and they started to stir... Went on and came back about 20 minutes later and hit them with the light again and no reaction. Our horses have the same reaction.... light and don't even lift their head, laser designator, they move away immediately...

Thanks for that daven, contradicts all the reading. I now see there is a sub zero model so that would help the under 10 degree problem.I do use a cree led light but wanted factual information like yours to make up my mind on the laser.
Still sitting on the post at the moment

PM DaveG on here or on the pigeonwatch forum and get a 501b modded from him. You can get different drop in modules that allow red or white beams that are good out to 200yds easily.
I use a red led 501b I modded myself atop a normal scope.

Thanks for that daven, contradicts all the reading. I now see there is a sub zero model so that would help the under 10 degree problem.I do use a cree led light but wanted factual information like yours to make up my mind on the laser.
Still sitting on the post at the moment

Got a hunting buddy that was bragging about his subzero so much that another went and bought one (almost $600)... They were showing them off and gloating... Pulled out my light like in the link and lit up just as far without looking like something off a star wars movie and not spook animals... You can forget the laser in mist, rain, or fog also.... the light is better, not great, but better than the laser in those conditions. I clamp mine on top of my scope and have a little piece of velcro to put the pressure switch on the gun. I was able to pick a shooter pig out of a group at about 170 meters... Missed, but it wasn't the light's fault :rolleyes:......

Thanks Daven None of us are perfect I went out last night missed the first shot at 150 but the second was on target. One less Charlie for the farmer to worry about :)

hi bud i use both dipol l3 on my dedicate gen3 rifle scope nm800 on my pvs7 gogles the laser can be turned down to a spot which when viewing from the dedicated unit can spot and identify fox rabbits to over 500yards the derilight on my gogles can view to 400yards but it will onley show me eye shine but spot no problem to 250yards fitted to the dedicated unit its hopless bouncesback of every thing on the gun like putting high beam on in a fog the torches ie the torches being promoted hear are no good if you want a long rainge torch its a ultrafire xml-t6 cost 8to13 pounds of the bay it uses a cree diode is very bright and will iluminate 250yards no problem remember this is white light not ir you canot put a ir filter in front of acree diode as the cree dosent produce eney light in the ir spectrum nothing would get out the ir fillter so for me lazer on atubed gen3 is the way to go mabey on digital nm800 may be better

I just posted this in general discussion...

here ya go......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UniqueFire...item3cd4899464

Those laser designators aren't what you'd expect..... I have the light like in the link and a green laser designator. The laser stops working under 10 degrees Celsius and bothers the animals.... I have shined fox, badger, hogs, deer, dogs, cats, and horses with the light and they don't even notice it. The laser designator makes them nervous right away. One morning, I had 6 deer laying about 50 ft off the trail I was driving.. car lights never bothered them, I stopped, put down the window and shined the light on them with no reaction. Shined them with the laser designator and they started to stir... Went on and came back about 20 minutes later and hit them with the light again and no reaction. Our horses have the same reaction.... light and don't even lift their head, laser designator, they move away immediately...

Perhaps you should get the original Laser Genetics ND3 as it does work. I have the Laser Genetics ND3x50 and the Nightmaster IR 800 with both yellow and green lenses.

Firstly I have the Sub zero edition which doesn't suffer from power failure like the original model at Lower temperatures.

Secondly, the green beam of the ND3 is vastly superior to that of the IR800 in any lens color. I can't comment on the EBay models.

Thirdly, the animals must have winded you or perhaps you did something to spook them because I have spent many a night in the highseat and observed fox, roe, Sika, Boar, weasels, badgers and pine martins from distances of 400m to 10m with zero beast having reacted negatively to the ND3x50. Several of my Swiss buddies are using them with good success on the boar. There is no doubt that they are not cheap but that does not mean that they are useless. I suggest you try one for a period of time before writing off laser designator a in general.

The IR800 is suppose to work very well with NV , units as mine are in the UK.......I can't comment.

Lastly, its Pretty ballsy shooting at pigs at 170m with a torch........

Last edited:
Thanks wraith by the looks of it you prefer the laser, I was looking at the sub zero model as I remember the poor feed back in weather when they first came out for commercial use

Perhaps you should get the original Laser Genetics ND3 as it does work. I have the Laser Genetics ND3x50 and the Nightmaster IR 800 with both yellow and green lenses.

Firstly I have the Sub zero edition which doesn't suffer from power failure like the original model at Lower temperatures.

Secondly, the green beam of the ND3 is vastly superior to that of the IR800 in any lens color. I can't comment on the EBay models.

Thirdly, the animals must have winded you or perhaps you did something to spook them because I have spent many a night in the highseat and observed fox, roe, Sika, Boar, weasels, badgers and pine martins from distances of 400m to 10m with zero beast having reacted negatively to the ND3x50. Several of my Swiss buddies are using them with good success on the boar. There is no doubt that they are not cheap but that does not mean that they are useless. I suggest you try one for a period of time before writing off laser designator a in general.

The IR800 is suppose to work very well with NV , units as mine are in the UK.......I can't comment.

Lastly, its Pretty ballsy shooting at pigs at 170m with a torch........

Just know my experience..... as for the 170 meter shot, it was a full moon and I saw the group, the light made everything clear, didn't realize it was that far... Won't happen again... Just glad it was a complete miss.. As for the laser, if it works for you, enjoy it, just wasn't my thing and I passed on my experience...

Thanks wraith by the looks of it you prefer the laser, I was looking at the sub zero model as I remember the poor feed back in weather when they first came out for commercial use
hi bud the laser i use is a ir lazer it can onley be viewd from the night vision the sub zero lasers your talking about are visable lasers ie you dont use them with night vision you put them on top of a day scope its a lazer torch the nm800 night master can be fitted with ir modules for night vision use or visable bolted to your rifle scope in red green etc if you have night vision ie dedicated n/v scope then idgo for a ir laser if your going to view throe your day scope get the xsercher from night master with the red visable pill it will alow you to shoot much further than sstandard nm800 hope i have cleared this up as the post is getting confused over ir lasers and green visable lasers

I just bought a ND50 Glacier yest. Very very early days but impressed so far

I have done the exact same as u Bali searchingthrou threads etc and does seem to be a lot of contraciction out there.
The Lasers seem to be a bit of a marmite thing.
But all the people in shops say they are a really good product, i bought mine at Game and Country in Selkirk £190 for 50, £240 for 100 and think around the £150 mark for an NM800, they have sold a lot and they supply a lot off the local keepers so if it was no good they would not be selling them. I bought the 50 as seemingly the laser must require a lot of power to start up so sometimes the 100 can have a slight delay (2-5secs, wether that is actually a problem i don't know?) but boys in shop said the 50 is fine, i spot with a normal lamp anyway so just wanting something solight for pulling the trigger
I had a wee shot with mine last nite (but unfortunately had some prob's with the mount so was bodged to the top off my rifle scope) pretty impressed so far, never had such a clear picture throu my scope lamping before ever!! When i get the proper mount on tonite i'm expecting it to be even better.
Absolutely no mod glare, :D up to now been using a bit of 2" drainage pipe elasticed onto my scope

The big thing for me is can animals see it?? Sadly i'd say yes althoui not 100% decided. Never seen any foxes broc or rabbits last nite but loads off deer, some stood and grazed happily while others were a bit flighty while some took off, but the lamp and even lamp with filter does the exact same. PLus it may have been something else that spooked deer it's a reasonably heavily poached area so the deer are fairly wise

Uptill now been using a clulite (shootalite?) small torch thigy on top of my lamp which has done fine, but this is in a different league all together s far

Finally while i think/know the animals can see the 'light/laser' they probably don't move as not been shot at and missed by that 'funny light' so don't associate it with danger yet, plenty of animals will sit in full beam off a lamp too and not move the first time, but muck it up and they don't sit for long

I'll be out a bit over next few days so will see how it goes but i have never tried an nm800 or small powerful LED torch so hard for me to compare. They are completely different things thou

With these small LED torches that are producing a very powerful and focussed beam do u not get problems frightening aimals, esp if no dimmer type control

well i had the nd 100 and the 350,

ok but no more than that.

I lamp using a 170 on top of the truck (when i do lamp that is) and love it, would never go back to the nd stuff.

im not able to afford a nm ??? as im trying to get a new scope (well new to me that is),

in past times when i was in a well paid job and had a lot more ground/shooting i had a pvs 14.

when you have one of these you can all but forget the rest.

but thats life and im happy with my lamp.

bob.

ps: its your choice in the end but don't forget this one thing.

spend once, spend correctly.......................:)'s for ever.

Thanks all lots of advise which is great. Just got back in after dropping my lamping mate off . Half way up the track lamped Charlie in the middle of his field, slowly out of van rifle on bonnet torch in left hand, right hand on trigger and battery pack slides off wet bonnet sh.. start again luckily Charlie still on field this time all works out ok , so the point of that little episode is I am getting an NM800 or X searcher or Lazer still not sure:doh:

Back