variation question

DanGriff

I have recently(3 months ago) had my licence opened up for my 22 rimmy and my hornet after only haveing my fac for 15 months.
I am now wanting to swap the slot for fac air on my ticket for a 223. The land that was inspected origionaly for my fac was passed upto a 243 but I am only allowed to shoot rabbits on that permission as instructed by the farmer, the police arent aware of this.
If I put in for the variation, will the police contact this farmer to check with him?
I do have other permissions that I plan to use the 223 on for fox but none of these have been inspected by the police, I was just wondering if I will have to go through the process of getting land checked again?
Do you think the 223 will be opened up the same as my other rifles or do you think with it being a larger calibre they might start me off with it closed?

It seems to vary between forces.
I allowed my previous licences to expire around 1988 and when I reapplied in 2007 I was only allowed a restricted ticket which meant I had the local FAO out every 2 weeks checking land for me and this must have peeved him after a dozen visits but that's the way he wanted it. If this is your first license I reckon the 223 will be limited to certain grounds.

You could probably get away with it, but is it really worth it? far better to be honest than end up in the brown stuff.
As to whether you get an open ticket or not, that really depends on your area, they are all different, some will give open tickets from the start others keep them closed for the life of the first FAC.

You could probably get away with it, but is it really worth it? far better to be honest than end up in the brown stuff.
As to whether you get an open ticket or not, that really depends on your area, they are all different, some will give open tickets from the start others keep them closed for the life of the first FAC.

Its not really a matter of getting away with it, I wont be doing anything wrong if they put me on an open ticket. What would be a pain is if they close my ticket for that calibre and I have to get every bit of land inspected that I plan to use it on. I suppose if thats what they are going to do then the sooner I get it the sooner I will get it opened up, if they do give me a closed one.

i had 2rf, 22.250 and 243 on a open ticket , i was granted a 308 but not open to start with for use only on land approved ,later i sold the 243 and aquired a 6.5 this was granted open and the 308 opened at the same time .this was my third fac renewal .

Quick update,
I dropped my licence off at the police headquarters with a variation form at 1 o clock this afternoon and got a phonecall an hour later to say it was ready to pick up.
The fac air had been swapped for the .223 and all calibres are now on an open ticket including the 223.
I took them a box of biscuits to share amongst the department as a thank you, like I did last time they did it the same day, it must be on my records if they rush it through they get rewarded with some biscuits.
I know its there job to and they are getting paid to deal with variations but when you compare the hour turnaround time to some forces I thought a box of biscuits was a good gesture.

Quick update,
I dropped my licence off at the police headquarters with a variation form at 1 o clock this afternoon and got a phonecall an hour later to say it was ready to pick up.
The fac air had been swapped for the .223 and all calibres are now on an open ticket including the 223.
I took them a box of biscuits to share amongst the department as a thank you, like I did last time they did it the same day, it must be on my records if they rush it through they get rewarded with some biscuits.
I know its there job to and they are getting paid to deal with variations but when you compare the hour turnaround time to some forces I thought a box of biscuits was a good gesture.

The Armed Responce team will be coming for you in the early hours, serious offence trying to bribe officers of the law.:scared:

Good result:thumb:

bonus. great having open ticket thats for sure. i went from mentoring on 22/250 to open 5 months after having it.

I didnt have any restrictions on mine from day one. it was open from the start. Dont know if this is the norm for the fife police. Glad you got it sorted bud.

If it had been chocolate biscuits they would not have got as far as the station GRIFF would have eaten the lot he's a big lad.
You cannot beat Cleveland police they are very very good :lol:

If it had been chocolate biscuits they would not have got as far as the station GRIFF would have eaten the lot he's a big lad.
You cannot beat Cleveland police they are very very good :lol:

One day I might have a belly as big as yours mike!:D

We will have to get out one night next week!

Back