RFD to RFD shipping

bewsher500

what is to stop someone setting up an RFD business and adding a large number of authorised individuals with vans onto their employee list?
and creating an instant firearms courier service.......

discuss!

Wonder who you might be talking about?:rolleyes:
Thought this had already been done?

Last edited:
B500

If they are genuine paid servants then fine otherwise forget it they won't count as servants.

F

What defines a paid servant?
not being funny here but if it is payment that is easy
if it is some other criteria then what are the limitations?

we face a very real threat to our sport
No ammuntion!

No outlets to sell ammunition because people didn't support their local RFD, bought stuff 99p cheaper on the 'net and now have nowhere local to buy ammo.

p.s. this is a general comment, not a dig at anyone in particular

Really? By who?
nationally?
There's a RFD who sells air rifles and delivers them to your door using staff. Not quite the same as FAC guns, but the principle is the same. Can't remember the name unfortunately. They're in the south I believe.

There's a RFD who sells air rifles and delivers them to your door using staff. Not quite the same as FAC guns, but the principle is the same. Can't remember the name unfortunately. They're in the south I believe.

Pellpax I think.

It's a good idea , as I had big issues recently trying to RFD ammo , I now know all the hassles of the current ammo RFD service so something has to be better than what is currently being offered

No outlets to sell ammunition because people didn't support their local RFD, bought stuff 99p cheaper on the 'net and now have nowhere local to buy ammo.

p.s. this is a general comment, not a dig at anyone in particular

Bit difficult to buy loaded ammo over the net or powder or primers when the cost of delivery becomes take the pee, it works out cheaper to use the local RFD. But there are some that will order online to save 99p and then pay £5 delivery charge for other things.

Someone else tried it in the last few years, in all the shooting press, pick up from dealer and deliver to your door. Didn't seem to get off the ground and we're still using couriers

I am not talking about dealer to retail buyer
i am talking about trade supplier to rfd

retail customers will always buy ammo from the local rfd if they can get it themselves.

the issue is the local rfd either won't buy it in as the extra shipping on a small order makes a £30 box of ammo £60
or they just don't have the capacity to manage order flow to cover minimum charge vs vikumes

if rfd number 1 picks up ammo in Leeds and takes it to rfd no2 in newcastle who then takes some to tfdno3 in glasgow
all whilst collecting and moving rifles and shotguns in the opposite direction you create a network of people willing to assist in the shipment of goods that are otherwise unavailable

Speaking to a large retailer of ammo in Perth (and Stirling) their supplier won't deliver until they have a van load of orders to go to Scotland. As margins on ammo are fairly slim, even a five figure order isn't enough. Looks like we're the ones being held to ransom, and not by the dealers for once....

Well having asked a number of major dealers this week just exactly what they intend to do to get their product on my shelves I have not had a satisfactory answer yet so no ransom here

I will sell some other **** I have no limitations
they will be buying lots of vans I guess as they need to sell the stuff they have

My local ('ish) RFD now requires a minimum order of 200 factory rounds, of a specific type, not mixed, even from the same importer.

It's getting impossible to get supplies, and when you can, prices are climbing too, because of the exchange rates.

Minimum Volume orders don't explain how your rfd is going to get ANY order

thats a cost decision on previous courier arrangements

all bets are off in 10 days

minimum 200 rounds just means the cost of previous courier fees can be spread to allow the rfd to sell the items at retail prices and still make a margin

the way things are going they won't have anything to sell you at all unless there are some courier solutions

Bit difficult to buy loaded ammo over the net or powder or primers when the cost of delivery becomes take the pee, it works out cheaper to use the local RFD. .

Agree with that but my point is the RFD need to sell al the other shooting related stuff to - clothing, optics, footwear decoying kit ect ect

Two possible scenarios:- a) suppliers set up distribution hubs using a RFD supplying him on a consignment basis, local RFD's can collect from that hub. b) most couriers have distribution centres already, and sub-contract to local self employed delivery agents, ok that would involve more paperwork, but there must be plenty of shooters who like me and are retired, I'd happily collect from a hub and distribute in my neck of the woods say once a month at cost, give me a peppercorn wage again more paperwork, but once done there's a system that would work.

Back