Nearly tempted to shood a roe on principal

jimbo123p

On principal that it was too big. It was huge. Broadside it was about the biggest roe I have ever seen. Problem was it was on my way in. Happyhunt, it was seen through the gap in the trees before the turning circle in the gully. Two things saved it. First I was on a working trip, 3pm, It was on my way in. I normally take the rifle out the bag and insert the mag when I enter. I was only carrying the rifle on the offchance. It moved forward so its head was hidden, I could see the nose and a great broadside at about 140yds. I could not determine the sex. I was sure it was the big buck but did not get the clear confirmation. Drove up to the turning circle stalked back in but it had move into the standing timber. Left it and went to work shifting a high seat. seeing plenty does but bucks not in attendance yet.
Jim

Angle was wrong, I would not see up the gully Plus I was bowling in an away match at 6.30 and it was 5.30 when I left the wood. 20 mins home, wash change, feed (Pizza in landrover heading back out,) and why do you thimk I am now out of bed:D

Well mornng went well. i started to place the highseat covering rides through which the deer transit. However I also wanted one on the clearfell. i had seen a buck lying out. Big head, not thick but long. Yesterday I brashed the trees and put the new wooden leanto up covering the clearfell. I watched a doe work her way across the clearfell this morning. There was a lot of barking in the trees. Nothing showed. I had been there from 3.30. About six I gave a couple of squeeks on the Balluto. guess who came to see what the fuss was?

Well done jim hope you get plenty . Did you take the cape off for the taxidermy lads looks like a bit of fixing needed on tht one.

I recon it was probably two years past its best. Lot of white still some winter in there. It is the second six pointer I have had with the front points broken. At least the new fridge is up and running so down to 4 degrees for a few days. Possibly a medal two seasons ago.

Have you a picture of his teeth mate he dont look that old a nice 4-5 years i would guess you been looking in a mirror ;)

Well mornng went well. i started to place the highseat covering rides through which the deer transit. However I also wanted one on the clearfell. i had seen a buck lying out. Big head, not thick but long. Yesterday I brashed the trees and put the new wooden leanto up covering the clearfell. I watched a doe work her way across the clearfell this morning. There was a lot of barking in the trees. Nothing showed. I had been there from 3.30. About six I gave a couple of squeeks on the Balluto. guess who came to see what the fuss was?
well done was that from the new high seat then

good job jimbo, that looks like the old boy I had the cross hairs on alright, most of the bucks over that side will be old has we haven't taken any off ,looks like your making inroads.
p.s got some ladders sorted for the seats, so don't be making any.

Met up with Tom he recons five too. 15kg larder ready, coat on so not as heavy as the other 6 pointer. but little carcase damage this time. Jim

Back