Harris bipod parts

Bigstep

I have lost the knurled screw which tightens the bipod on to my rifle and have tried emailing harris but as yet not received a reply, does anybody know who sell spares or does anybody have a broken bipod that I can buy the bottom screw from?
​cheers pete

you will find it is a standard metric thread, or it is on mine. So you can use a bolt and fit a collar round the head

Harris Bipods do not use metric threads, or at least my 2 don't, the clones on the other hand do.

Neil. :)

I did try one from a cheap Deben bipod put the threads were different, I thought the us used imperial threads

I did try one from a cheap Deben bipod put the threads were different, I thought the us used imperial threads

I would think they are Unified Screw Threads, so 4-40, 6-32, 8-32 etc.
The Harris mount screw measure up at .187" and the pitch, measured with callipers (sorry no thread gauge to hand) is .042 approx.
That would make the the thread the non preferred 10-24UNC

I would think they are Unified Screw Threads, so 4-40, 6-32, 8-32 etc.
The Harris mount screw measure up at .187" and the pitch, measured with callipers (sorry no thread gauge to hand) is .042 approx.
That would make the the thread the non preferred 10-24UNC

Ok thanks for that ill try and get the same thread screw on the internet
​cheers pete

I have an old style one here you can have. it hasn't the big washer thumb wheel. it is a smaller type, like a flat head screw driver. your more than welcome to it. if I get a chance tomorrow and I can stand there I will make a washer and blue it for you. it might have to come with the arms as well as I don't think it will come out. I will look in the morning.
failing that there is Danny fireblade, real nice chap and he has a box of old spare bits from old broken harris pods. not sure if he is on here, he is on the hunting life and I believe he's on pigeon watch to.

I you want the one I have here the pm me your address and i'll post it to you.

hope this helps

All the best

Phil.

Did you get it. not heard from you to say you had received the thumb wheel or if it was any good.

all the best

Phil

I have lost the knurled screw which tightens the bipod on to my rifle and have tried emailing harris but as yet not received a reply, does anybody know who sell spares or does anybody have a broken bipod that I can buy the bottom screw from?
​cheers pete

Try sending Harris engineering an email, harriseng@brtc.net, I damaged the legs on my bipod and I sent them an email asking for a price for the replacement parts and was told they don't usually sell spares. In my case they offered to send me both legs FOC If I paid the postage ($12usd). The replacement lags arrived within 2weeks.

​john

They are 3/16 Whitworth. An old hardware shop might have some, as might anyone who deals in bits for aircraft I guess, and ebay will almost certainly furnish you with a lifetime supply for a few quid.

i got one from norman clark some years ago as my old one had a lot screw and wanted to switch told thumb screw

Try sending Harris engineering an email, harriseng@brtc.net, I damaged the legs on my bipod and I sent them an email asking for a price for the replacement parts and was told they don't usually sell spares. In my case they offered to send me both legs FOC If I paid the postage ($12usd). The replacement lags arrived within 2weeks.

john
Excellent advice. 11 days later a replacement part turned up.
Thanks
JCS

Back