Narrowmindedness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

That wouldnt be your stupid looking stuff round them soft looking BMH,s necks would it. :rofl: I see you sell al the european crap quite a good reason to stick up for it really.

Hey 6pointer

I have no idea who you are and after receiving the above pm have no wish to.
Yes I sell the European Gear
Yes I sell British gear
Yes I believe in properly trained dogs
Yes I enjoyed watching Brock training his BMH and aplaude his attitude
Yes I respect your views even if I believe you are misguided and obviously have a chip on your shoulder and enjoy rubbishing other peoples efforts.
Discussions and forums should be held out in the open and not have nasty poisonous pms used as a private dig.
Kit

I appologise to admin for putting in the web link but in this case I feel that it is justified

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Kit

You just prompted me to order some new gear for my pup. Green and Orange too...:D

Nice chatting to you... Atb~Tom

Good advert again Kit but that was a pm ( PRIVATE MESSAGE )and was to let you know that i new why you were sticking up for the bright Orange brigade and all that tack. With regards rubishing other people efforts. i dont believe i have quite the opposite. I still think that the tacky orange and yellow used i europe and America including the Red neck scarf is something we dont need here infact looks stupid on a real hunting dog. Most of the deerstalkers i know would not entertain such stuff while they were doing the real job.
With regards respecting my views i dont think so but then again i wouldnt care either way. ;)
TAMUS GREEN AND ORANGE in scotland :lol: you dont believe in sitting on the fence then.

TAMUS GREEN AND ORANGE in scotland :lol: you dont believe in sitting on the fence then.

:D "sitting on the fence" ...Not one of my traits, right enough. Though I'm often to be seen out standing in my field.

The wee dug's orange already so the colour of the collar seems immaterial... and who said he'd only get worked in Scotland?

As of late January 2012 he'll have his Rabies shots and a passport to the continent... Mind you I'm not sure I'll risk him against boar.... but we'll see.

ps. Muntjac trading is a banner advertiser on this website... isn't that so? In which case I'm more than puzzled by JAYB's editing of Kit's post.

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting a collar made in Orange for when i am working in Govan and Ibrox and a nice green n white one for when i am working my dog in Parkhead and toll cross.Or i could just have a leather one and keep them all guessing. ps You will be telling me next you orderd 15 pounds worth of deer sent .:lol:

Last edited:
That wouldnt be your stupid looking stuff round them soft looking BMH,s necks would it. :rofl: I see you sell al the european crap quite a good reason to stick up for it really.

Hey 6pointer

I have no idea who you are and after receiving the above pm have no wish to.
Yes I sell the European Gear
Yes I sell British gear
Yes I believe in properly trained dogs
Yes I enjoyed watching Brock training his BMH and aplaude his attitude
Yes I respect your views even if I believe you are misguided and obviously have a chip on your shoulder and enjoy rubbishing other peoples efforts.
Discussions and forums should be held out in the open and not have nasty poisonous pms used as a private dig.
Kit

I appologise to admin for putting in the web link but in this case I feel that it is justified

Kit,

I am not taking sides here but I feel it is only right to point out that when stuff is sent to you via pm it is quite often the case in contentious threads that it is done to keep personal conflicts off the site, therefore the content does not need to be publicised.

I also removed the link to your website as in this case I did not feel it was justified.

John

I was thinking of getting a collar made in Orange for when i am working in Govan and Ibrox and a nice green n white one for when i am working my dog in Parkhead and toll cross.Or i could just have a leather one and keep them all guessing. ps You will be telling me next you orderd 15 pounds worth of deer sent .:lol:

:rofl:

Plenty fresh venison and blood thanks...

Don't you think green and orange 'll confuse the fitba' neds enough as it is?... Jings, jist as weel ma whistle's purple, if it wis chrome they might think it wis a flute...an I'll be OK in Embra too ;)... tehehe.

All the posts put up by 6p are the same, rubbishing what other people write. Its the same old bla,bla, bla. 6p's PM's are a bullying tactic, just the same crap but badly written in capital letters. How many post has he put up with the same orange lead ,red scarf, dried blood etc, etc drivel. Not a single bit of usefull input or relevant info.
I wonder why he got a BMH when every other owner of is a wänker to his way of thinking.
How can you believe a man who puts up a video of his dog tracking offal.Whats the dog being trained for? Tracking wounded haggis . And then tells that after30 years of training terriers and lurchers he knows every thing about training a tracking dog:rofl:.
Ps I wonder how the gun coating from B&Q is doing. Is it as good as the baked on coating.
All the stalkers that stalk the outskirts of Glasgows council house estates think its its the dogs Böllöcks.

I won't be posting any more in the dogs for deer section. Life is just to short to read any more drivel from 6p.

does xean look stupid in her tracking collar ?

Xenadog.jpg
[/IMG]

I do not have the luxury of owning & working a deer dog / field working dog, I/We only have rescued canines, but if I were to put a working dog into the field, either for training purposes , or for real, then it/ they would be wearing harnesses/collars of the description / colour that seems to be in contention here.

Any further posts from any individual that calls into question peoples integrity and rubbishes people whether they are a trade member or not will be banned for good as far as I am concerned.

Quite honestly I am at the point of resigning from this site as a co owner.

Sikamalc

Any further posts from any individual that calls into question peoples integrity and rubbishes people whether they are a trade member or not will be banned for good as far as I am concerned.

Quite honestly I am at the point of resigning from this site as a co owner.

Sikamalc

it would be a great loss if you did , but i completely see where your coming from !:(

does xean look stupid in her tracking collar ?

Xenadog.jpg
[/IMG]
Lee
with out digressing from the post or the risk of offending anyone here ( not my intention)
but why would any one really want a dayglo tracking collar
if you are working a dog on a leash then why do you need to look for the collar to spot the dog as it is going to be 10/15m's away max at most on the end of your leash
If you work it off the leash then a collar should also be removed just for safety reasons alone incase of the dog getting caught up
and at night a dogs eyes lights up pretty well in torch light so again dayglo is not really needed unless it is a full body harness incase the dog is not looking in your direction or on point
tracking collars should be of a quick release design and colour is not realy that important
not having a dig at anyone, just something I realised a long time ago with my dogs
If I leave a dayglo on them it has velcro fastening only and a cheapy so it don't matter if it gets lost
I'm sure there are some relevant points I am missing but in general I don't actually need such a collar
for those that do I would be interested in why , just to broaded my knowledge further
thank you for posting the pic Lee

Hi Stone
Xean is wearing what is call a Battue collar that also doubles as a tracking collar,the idea of this is that the original use is that makes the dog visible in a driven shoot on the continent if the dogs are used to push/drive the game towards the guns.
In this country these collars double as tracking collars and helps a handler know where the dog is in low light in relation to him/her in heavy cover if at the end of a 12m leash.Also if a handler is called to a RTA high vis equipment is a must if working near traffic,both for the dog and handler.
Nice looking dog!

Stone ,

Kit knocked the nail in the head there , I track my dog and train her in all kinds of situations. Believe. Me that dayglow. Collar was bloody. Handy the other night. When I had a muntjac run chest shot into heave cover at last. Knockings.

She is a bugger to keeP track of without it in the dark when working her off a lead , plus I have the collar loose so if she should get stuck she can slip it with no problem.

No offence taken !

Gentlemen,

Please can I draw your attention to the sticky posted at the top of the General Forum page marked Recent Locked Threads.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back