blaser r8

jimmy milnes

Hi all,
Could anyone who owns an r8 please advise as to the accuracy of holding zero after the rifle has been taken down and reassembled.
Thinking of a possible variation to my cert and quite like the look of these rifles so anything else actual owners or past owners could advise on would be a great help.
Kind regards
Jimmy

mines been together and apart no end of times and has been bang on everytime its been shot with no adjustments needed to zero

mines been together and apart no end of times and has been bang on everytime its been shot with no adjustments needed to zero

And he can't shoot for **** :rofl:

seriously it's the bees knees just get out and buy one you won't regret it
superb accuracy excellent balance
regards pete

My scope comes off and on every time I clean the rifle and it's bang on zero .
My scope is on a rail mount, very clever way of mounting the scope. No trying to line up the reticule and someone telling you it's ten to two in there eyes.

I've had my blaser 6 years now been all over the place with it in takedown case & it's allways been perfect in fact I've never rezeroed it in that time just checked occashionally & it's allways been spot on. I have allways used the same load however.

Not an R8 but an R93 - I once shot a group at the range and took the rifle apart in the middle just out of interest. I can't remember exactly how many shots were in the group but it was about 8 or 9 and the group was all inside one of the 1 inch squares on the paper. I'm far from the best shot in the world but even with taking the rifle apart it remains more accurate than I could ever hope to shoot and the POI is always the same. It also shoots almost every load to almost the same point of aim at 100 yards no matter what bullet weight or velocity, I've no idea how that works but some day I'm going to shoot a group with one round each of all the loads I have for it, about 7 in total, I'd bet that my shooting introduces more variables than where the rifle is putting the bullets. It is just so easy to live with a rifle that comes apart so easily, fits in a small case, always goes back to zero and is pretty much water and rust proof.

I have also been very impressed with mine, bought second hand a couple of months ago so not done loads, but handles well, and shoots way better than I can, and returns to zero. you wont be disappointed.

Awesome rifles. I have owned an R93 and now the R8 for over 10 years. Once you have hunted with one you will never go back. Return to zero is always perfect. Very rugged and reliable in all conditions. I use 223, 7x64, and 9.3x62, covers everything.

Back