Light moderator for .22 rimfire.

I've got an Atec on my 1417 with an extra chamber, really light and really quiet. About twice the price of a SAK though.

+1 for SAK if on a .22 with subsonics. Have one on my Mauser 201, it is super quiet with CCI subsonic segmenting HP's. If you have a CF moderator that fits the thread that may be an improvement on SAK, otherwise for the money it's great, and i was sceptic.

Get a sak i have Anschutz bunny basher 1417 its a sound piece kit excuse the pun:D

Hi..SAK is 218g....compared to the Ruag at 58g......anyone got experience of the Ruag??

Care to back that up with links ?
I have a Sac sat on the scales in front of me right now, 167 grams, this is a very lightley used Sac but must still have some powder residue in it.

Neil. :)

Get a sak i have Anschutz bunny basher 1417 its a sound piece kit excuse the pun

Snap, I find the balance to be well......balanced I wouldn't want it any lighter at the front remembering its only a 14" barrel. Each to their own but with a 14" medium heavy barrel Annie I find the Sak does the job at a decent price point, stripping a .22lr mod is simply not required IMHO.

DM80 on the hmr and that's stripped and cleaned every outing.

Got a couple of those Ruag moderators, one weighs 60g the other 74g, the heavier one is 4mm longer, not as quiet as the Sak I don't think on a .22LR with subs, but they are extremely light, use on on my HMR and it's the same diameter as my varmint barrel...lol
Your not gonna really silence an HMR anyway so I'm not too worried.
Got mine locally, think they cost about £68 each, my local gun dealer stocks em, Lochmaben shooting supplies.
If you wanna try one Perdix gimme a shout, your more than welcome to try my ones out.

Cheers

MarkC

Got a couple of those Ruag moderators, one weighs 60g the other 74g, the heavier one is 4mm longer, not as quiet as the Sak I don't think on a .22LR with subs, but they are extremely light, use on on my HMR and it's the same diameter as my varmint barrel...lol
Your not gonna really silence an HMR anyway so I'm not too worried.
Got mine locally, think they cost about £68 each, my local gun dealer stocks em, Lochmaben shooting supplies.
If you wanna try one Perdix gimme a shout, your more than welcome to try my ones out.

Cheers

MarkC

Cheers Mark.
I might well take you up on that at some point :thumb:

Back