No shooting for me for a short while. I'd kick myself - if I could.....

merlin

Do you ever watch "You've been framed" or one of those other types of shows, and shake your head in disbelief at the stupidity of some people? Often grown men?

I've joined their fraternity.:rolleyes:

At about 4pm on Sunday afternoon, we were sat in the back garden, having a cuppa with the in-laws, kids playing quite nicely in the back garden. After a short while, my 12 year old son asks me if I want a go at jumping the small ramp he has on his BMX bike. "Go on then!" says I. My wife advised against it, but 'cos I know best, I said "It'll be fine" (...at this point, you can probably tell where this is going).

Let's put it like this: the take-off was fine. The landing, on the other hand.......:confused:

As I landed, the front wheel twisted, my left leg went down, twisted, and I went over it with my full weight (a trim 14 st 7lb.....:eek:). Ouch.

Cue ice, painkillers - and then a trip to A&E. Luckily nowt broken or snapped, but I've mangled and twisted my ligaments in my left knee, am hobbling around on crutches, and can't drive, so I'm having to work from home this week.

And just to make things even better, my wife is absolutely f***ing furious with me (a) for being such an idiot, and (b) for being such an idiot when she is due to go to Glastonbury on Wednesday this week with her 2 best mates, leaving me in charge of the 2 kids.:doh:

As you can imagine, I'm about as popular as you'd expect right now......:confused:

And for anyone thinking "You absolute f***wit....", under the circumstances, I'm not going to argue.

Reckon I need to rethink the career change to Stuntman......

ATB,

Merlin (aka Hopalong)

Merlin

As I have already taken the p**s by text, I feel it would not be right if I didn't do it on an open forum.

Now come on Evil Canevil(spelling), stop complaining. I'm sure it's not that bad having to look after the 2 kids:lol::lol::lol:

Hope you get better soon and will be able to drive down to Hereford for a stalk. Tell the missis it's for medical reasons

See you soon mate

Jon

Lucky he only hurt his knee, have you seen the state of the bike!!!

mangled_carhartt_bmx_will_kemp.jpg

Do you ever watch "You've been framed" or one of those other types of shows, and shake your head in disbelief at the stupidity of some people? Often grown men?

I've joined their fraternity.:rolleyes:

At about 4pm on Sunday afternoon, we were sat in the back garden, having a cuppa with the in-laws, kids playing quite nicely in the back garden. After a short while, my 12 year old son asks me if I want a go at jumping the small ramp he has on his BMX bike. "Go on then!" says I. My wife advised against it, but 'cos I know best, I said "It'll be fine" (...at this point, you can probably tell where this is going).

Let's put it like this: the take-off was fine. The landing, on the other hand.......:confused:

As I landed, the front wheel twisted, my left leg went down, twisted, and I went over it with my full weight (a trim 14 st 7lb.....:eek:). Ouch.

Cue ice, painkillers - and then a trip to A&E. Luckily nowt broken or snapped, but I've mangled and twisted my ligaments in my left knee, am hobbling around on crutches, and can't drive, so I'm having to work from home this week.

And just to make things even better, my wife is absolutely f***ing furious with me (a) for being such an idiot, and (b) for being such an idiot when she is due to go to Glastonbury on Wednesday this week with her 2 best mates, leaving me in charge of the 2 kids.:doh:

As you can imagine, I'm about as popular as you'd expect right now......:confused:

And for anyone thinking "You absolute f***wit....", under the circumstances, I'm not going to argue.

Reckon I need to rethink the career change to Stuntman......

ATB,

Merlin (aka Hopalong)

Wont make you feel any better, but i can sympathise with you on being laid up for a while, just tore (at least its not snapped) my achilles tendon yesterday!! now in plaster for 8/12 weeks then physio after that. Roebuck season taken care of in one foul swoop.

Mauser.

Bad luck on the landing, heal well.
Make sure the wife gets her trip though, I returned this morning from a week in a tent, on a site
just about next door to Glastonbury, it will be a mud bath.
As I drove past this morning there were already acres of thick mud and cars/trucks etc. stuck all over the
field, and it's not even started yet :lol:

Neil. :)

Broke a couple of ribs last year after being encouraged by the kids to do a cartwheel in the livingroom ,landed on the arm of the sofa. Doh :doh:
Couldn't laugh, sleep, cough etc for a couple of weeks

Broke a couple of ribs last year after being encouraged by the kids to do a cartwheel in the livingroom ,landed on the arm of the sofa. Doh :doh:
Couldn't laugh, sleep, cough etc for a couple of weeks

Glad I'm not the only one then!!:D

Fancy forming a doubles team if they make "daft tw*ts that really are old enough to know better" an olympic event????:lol::lol:

A couple of years ago I broke my collar bone 2 weeks befor I started 8 weeks of stag stalking with clients, What p**sed me of most was that I did it on the kids trampoline. I managed to stalk only 2 weeks in a sling but I had to be carefull where we shot the stag as I couldn't drag anything, I don't think I have ever been so stupid,

You have sure made a mess of that bike :doh:
I hope you have replaced it, after all you did borrow it.

There is of course a silver lining, your son thinks you are the "Greatest Dad in the world" just for joining in the fun! :D

i have done a lot of stupid things that should of seen me killed over the years. Growing up in n. ireland during the troubles we werent allowed fireworks for obvious reasons. as a young teenager we used to make our own bangers using the paper caps for toy guns. You pushed a pin through each of the red dots and squeezed the roll as tight as possible to get the best bang. 1 roll would go off with a loud bang, i broke my foot in a motox accident and had a few days on my hands so i decided to make a large banger that consisted of 28 rolls of caps squeezed very tightly. When i tried to light it the wind kept blowing it out so an inspired moment led me to put a bucket over the banger. when it went off it blew the windows out of the garage door, the police man across the road was under the kitchen table with his personal protection weapon drawn thinking that his front door had just been blown off the hinges, the next door neighbor thought our boiler exploded and to top it off the bucket hit me square in the head causing severe cuts and bruises.

Me and a mate put a 7.62mm blank in a vice and whacked it with a hammer....I think that was the start of my tinitus!

Back