Do poachers bait up ?

weeman

Hi chaps i could'nt sleep this morning so at about 5am ish i deceided to go for a walk. I walked round a nature reserve leading onto a back road. I did see one very good buck. Any way the road i walked along was a stretch of about 1,1/2 miles with trees each side not allowing much day light through. Covering that strectch i found four SPONGE cakes i wood say placed by side of the road not thrown out say of a vechile. They were out of the main rapper but still in the grease rapper, and still intact. If i had of found one cake maybe but four makes me wonder if poachers have baited it up. Do those txxt's do that ? You wood not spot these if you were driving only walking. I did pick the cakes up and thrown them. I also wondered if i should of called the police after throwing the cakes.

I might sound stupid here, but,
Do mean sponge cake as bought out of a shop and tastes lovely to eat? And if so what animals would go for it other than vermin? Just interested btw.

would there be game birds in the area that someone may be baiting foxes to the area to control them, we all know that shooting on the road is illegal regardless of what it is you are shooting but it might help to determine what they were baiting if anything.

keith

The singing stalker!
Yes they were bought from shops, they look like the one's that McVities do three in a pack.

KSB!
Not werethe cakes were!

Orion!
lol

I know it might sound crap that i have psoted but it is true. Then again there might be a perfect exsplenation for it, but like i said one cake yes but four.

just think if your right - at some point you may well have beed dead centre on their crosshairs!:eek:
are there any boar in the area they love cakes or anything sweet?

there are now two kids, hansel and grettle, unable to find their way home. hope your pleased with yourself

Probably some little old woman leaving the cakes for the birds they do it on the lane near me all the time you see them walking with a plast bag but the dont use it for the dog it contains crumbs and bits of cake for the birds

......I can imagine the phone call .....' I would like to report some fairy cakes found on the side of the road officer, would you please investigate' lol

After a night on that wonderfull beer int woodlands , jane had no pork scratchings just sum buns left from a funeral wake , so waste not want not had to wander back to grizdale with a bag of em !!! :lol:

The singing stalker!
Yes they were bought from shops, they look like the one's that McVities do three in a pack.

KSB!
Not werethe cakes were!

Orion!
lol

I know it might sound crap that i have psoted but it is true. Then again there might be a perfect exsplenation for it, but like i said one cake yes but four.

3 in a pack and you found 4, either the deer had 2 and are fat and happy chuckling in the woods, or the bait guy is fat and happy in his truck in which case they will hear his thunder thighs from miles away:rofl:

Most poachers are master baiters you know
I agree.
I just thought i'd ask what i thought was a genuine question, but not one decent reply shame that.

It's a shame cause poaching in the area im in is pretty bad with the local plod doing regular patrols.

my wife put a fruit cake that didn't work on the bird table only to find a big red stag munching it's way through it a couple of hours later, same stag ate a pineapple from the spiky end first

Back