First time selling a firearm

shaun22/250

Hi all up till now i have only every purchased rifles and moderators, but I have just sold my HMR. I have downloaded the forms from kent police. I have completed 1 form for the moderator and one for the rifle to say that I have sold them. I also gave the buyer 2 and he filled them in at the same time to say he has purchased from me. I have also complete table 1 on his FAC for the rifle and moderator. I know we both have to post (recorded) to the firearms department. Now what do I do with my cert, I believe that i do not need to send it in but if I want the slot for HMR or a 1 for 1 with a caliber change do I have to do it straight away or can I do it in a few months ?

I was told by Notts police a while ago that I should do it straight away but I don't know if that would depend on who you spoke to and your area.
​I would stock up with ammo before sending it though

Hi all up till now i have only every purchased rifles and moderators, but I have just sold my HMR. I have downloaded the forms from kent police. I have completed 1 form for the moderator and one for the rifle to say that I have sold them. I also gave the buyer 2 and he filled them in at the same time to say he has purchased from me. I have also complete table 1 on his FAC for the rifle and moderator. I know we both have to post (recorded) to the firearms department. Now what do I do with my cert, I believe that i do not need to send it in but if I want the slot for HMR or a 1 for 1 with a caliber change do I have to do it straight away or can I do it in a few months ?

Shaun

Get your 1:1 in straight away. You will then be available for anything that takes your fancy and can pounce.

That's when you will send your cert in.

They may choose to call in before.

​Stan

Whenever I do a `one-for-one` I take my cert. to the Firearms Dept., hand it in and ask them if there is any problem.
Being there in person allows them to extract any further information they may require from me.
I have always found Cumbria to be highly efficient and have dealt with them since August 1951 when I got my first rifle, a .22 rimfire.

HWH.

Free one for one variations also have a time limit, usually one week, so send it in with the sales paperwork. If you leave it longer you will have to pay a standard variation fee

As Akeld says you need to get your 1-4-1 in as soon as possible. As regards notifying your Chief Constable about the transfer why don't you email them and save the postage, it's been perfectly legal and acceptable for some time now. You can inform them that you will be applying for a variation at the same time. Just a reminder always ask for receipt of your emails.

Back