GRS Stocks - Why oh Why....

Wheesht!

Why oh why did I pick one up in the shop the other day...!?! I've literally not been able to think about anything else since! What have I done?!

I thought they looked ridiculous when I first saw them, but my God the comfort's amazing! They put your hand in the perfect position, and eye alignment and length of pull can be adjusted 'til they're spot on.

Who here's already using one?

Damn those clever wallet emptying Norwegians!!

Hadn't considered that.

Do you see having a GRS stock on one rifle and a more standard shaped one on another as being problematic then?

You're a thumbhole stock user aren't you? Do you have any problems using non-thumbhole rifles?

Hadn't considered that.

Do you see having a GRS stock on one rifle and a more standard shaped one on another as being problematic then?

You're a thumbhole stock user aren't you? Do you have any problems using non-thumbhole rifles?

I favour thumbhole stocks, but have both types in the gun cabinet just now. Although I'm right handed, I do favour having a rifle that a leftie can shoot without any bother as well. I do also fire a rare shot off my left shoulder if conditions warrant it. I occasionally take folk out stalking and left handers can shoot the rifle in my gallery without any issues.

Regards

JCS

Another target stock being passed off to the hunting community. Happened in the sniper world as well. Took what should have been a rifle for hunting two-legged varmints and turned them into overweight clumbsy range guns. Thw worst of these was the old Walther 2000. The trend still contiunes to this day but the Walther is the worst I can think of at the moment. Designers often ask target shooters to review their designs so it is no small wonder what the end product turns out to be. Look at the AI, not saying it is not accurate, but designed by a target shooter...

SS

Love mine! Got my .308 Tikka T3 on a mountain camo hunter stock. Not as light as the synthetic stock but I don't really notice on the hill.

GRS? Complete rubbish. I emailed them and they didn't do what I wanted in left hand. How dare they.

disgusted of Hampshire. :)

Sinister stuff eh?

I think it must just be you Dec - my LH GRS stock is luvverley......

I too was a little cynical - but it is a joy to use and I am glad I put one on my rifle. I carry mine for hours at a time and like being able to adjust for day and night use.

That is why I was looking at one, I like the extendable butt pad but they recommended I took the stock and gave it to a gunsmith to port it for the CZ. So I gave up for the moment.

I looked at some a couple of weeks ago and they are very nice and well thought out, however they are heavy and I find the palm swell area is to big for my hands.

Macmillan thumb hole much better, wish I could get a thumbhole walnut similar to my Annie XIV carbine stock.

D

A friend has one on his T3 and I thought the palm swell was to much for me then I had a good hold of one at the shooting show earlier this year and really liked it.
I now have one and although I've only used it on the range but lovely to use and I can't wait to get out properly with it.
Cheers

I had one split (Tikka T3 LH) and the replacement came ready split... Returned to sender and refund. Quality on second one was awful: could see where the orbital sander has been.

Back