Three on a Dark Night

Tim.243

Having changed rounds 2 weeks ago from a brand I have been using for 5 years there has only been one day with very little breeze to dial in.

My 200 yard zero was put to the test with the first fox, the ground has been drilled and is as dry as a chip! Nothing on the first flick around but with my home made caller things soon changed, out of a garden a set of eyes gave me a flash.
Not shot so I headed for a pylon around 200 yards away which would change the angle, I had the wind but the fox moved back to cover of a second pylon. A quick squeak and the white bib showed up in the Z6.....
I paced it @ 216 but Google maps said 198! Not so easy to stay on track in the dark lol

002_zpsig3wqdqo.jpg

Second was on a neighbours farm but it came to the call which will be a good leg pull for their keeper!!

003_zpsez9ctuyr.jpg

Last one was a vixen I bumped with the light when walking through the gate way, off with the light rifle on the sticks while a soft lip squeak to hope it might stop....she did in the sprouting rape.....

005_zpsrjbnodd1.jpg

Tim.243

Well done! My shooting partner shot two tonight, but couldn't find either of them, so they don't count towards the total - we've already had 14 so far this month though, so we're not doing too badly!

Well done! My shooting partner shot two tonight, but couldn't find either of them, so they don't count towards the total - we've already had 14 so far this month though, so we're not doing too badly!

Thank you, they have not recovered from me shooting the **** out of them these past few years lol

Tim.243

Good work you'll be keeping someone happy had 4 this evening off ours I really don't know where they keep coming from already shot a lot of the ground already this year
IMG_2124.jpg

Good work you'll be keeping someone happy had 4 this evening off ours I really don't know where they keep coming from already shot a lot of the ground already this year
View attachment 75196

With some big shoots around my way there is a lot of game around, with partridges sitting out there like a ready made big mac then also the late ploughing will get them moving....

Tim.243

Last edited:
I called a farmer up earlier this evening, and he told me that while we were welcome to look around, he didn't think there were any foxes about. We shot eight and saw two more!

Back