Do you cover up totally

speedystu

When out do you cover up totally! Ie full face vail gloves! I do know when rook shooting the second they see you they turn and bugger off! Do you feel deer would act the same!

I do, but then I have to move over some very open ground so anything that helps is good. Hide the big white face. But (and I am no expert) Most animals tend to spot movement rather than colour.

In the winter yes cover as much as possible,but the summer 80% cover and use the natural cover to do the rest

i cover up, especially my face,hands and shiney head. i tend to go into stalk mode and feel more confident like this.

wellies, greenish trousers, a button down in sombre colours and a wide brimmed hat (stetson), that's me for stalking. I'd rather risk scaring a deer or two than sneak around like a sniper...and to be honest, I never really scare the deer off either, I just walk really slowly and use cover appropriately.

Sorry to disagree, but the fieldcraft should be 80% (or higher) Camouflage can not make up for bouncing round the countryside like a bull in a china shop.
Birds are a different matter, deer can be approached using cover and dead ground, in the open steady stealthy movement will get you there.
I have never covered my face, except when the midge are intolerable, and have never had a problem that camouflage would have solved. Deer notice movement.
PS I do not wear real tree or anything similar, as I feel it is not required.

Some may prefer to be bxrx back each to there own, I presume:) if not whats your protection ?????

Me depends on which garden or land I maybe want to rummage in :love:

No I hardly ever wear camo and never wear a hat I have never found the need to look like a tree to get within range of a deer

I only ask this as I was shooting squirrels with a mate and his dog a few months ago we had no so called camo on! And we're sat at the base of a huge oak tree and a munty buck walked within a meter of us! Stopped starred at us and just trotted off with no fear! Very surreal moment that I wish I had my camara!

Back