Your xmas day.

basil

Distinguished Member
How does your day work?
Walk the dogs? dig up some fresh veg? Go to church? Go to the pub?
Me .. visit the grandkids early, home by 11 ish. Then open my bottle of Scotch and cook the roast dinner .... there is one other thing I`ve promised myself this year, I haven`t spoken to my mum in a long, long time so tomorrow I`m picking up the phone.
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, spare a moment to raise a glass to those who are no longer with us, those that are serving overseas, those that have to spend their Christmas in hospital and those that I haven`t mentioned.
John. :tiphat:

How does your day work?
Walk the dogs? dig up some fresh veg? Go to church? Go to the pub?
Me .. visit the grandkids early, home by 11 ish. Then open my bottle of Scotch and cook the roast dinner .... there is one other thing I`ve promised myself this year, I haven`t spoken to my mum in a long, long time so tomorrow I`m picking up the phone.
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, spare a moment to raise a glass to those who are no longer with us, those that are serving overseas, those that have to spend their Christmas in hospital and those that I haven`t mentioned.
John. :tiphat:
Merry Christmas too,and make sure you do phone.You only have one mum:tiphat:
Atb
dave

I've Got a mate and his lady friend coming for Christmas dinner. Turkey with all the bits and I made a carrot cake today that we will have for pud. My daughter was over last weekend with her man and we had a little Christmas then. Will walk the dogs while the trukey cooks.
I'm down south working the spaniels on a pheasant shoot Boxing day.

God Jul Och Skit jakt i 2016

First of all John have a Very Merry Christmas. Whatever you do PLEASE do phone your Mum and try to patch up any differences you have. You may have a great many friends but you will only ever have one mother!
For me Christmas has already got under way. We have finished with all the functions we had arranged for the elderly residents with the last one today being a Carol Service by the Rossendale Scouts band this morning. I followed that with a visit to my next door neighbour who I had to help the other night after she had had a fall and I promised her that I would visit her on Christmas Eve and have a little "tipple" with her and make sure that she was OK - It turns out that her daughter is coming tomorrow to pick her up for a Christmas day with her daughter and Grand Children.
My brother in law and his partner came last night so Warren (The brother in law) and I shared the company of a good friend called Jack Daniels. My eldest step son came this afternoon and spent a couple of hours with us and collected a (Very full) Christmas dinner for him and his brother so now Marlene and I have at last got some time to ourselves.
My car keys are now put away and Marlene has a nice large glass of port and lemon and I have a bottle of Single Malt that has just been opened.
Tomorrow "The Boss" will be woken with her morning cuppa and then left alone for half an hour to wake up. Presents will then be opened and Marlene will start on the Christmas dinner while I have a walk about and visit some of the residents who I know will be on their own for the day and come dinner time before we sit down for our dinner we will take round a Full Christmas dinner to the neighbours who would not normally get one.
After that the rest of the day will (Hopefully) be our own.
On Boxing Day I am duty chef and will be doing a roast venison dinner.
Without wanting to hijack this thread may I take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. May all of your hopes and dreams come true.
Take care and have a really great time all!

long day,

walk the dog, visit my Mum, walk dog, cook dinner for wife (recovering from and op) and son (who will arrive just in time and leave once diner is complete, walk dog. sit in front of lots of boring TV in between times.

Not my favorite day of the year but hope all SD members have a good one

Up early, walk dogs, have breakfast, go to church, prepare for neighbours coming round, serve sloe-gasms and dam-gasms, go to pub for lunch, walk dogs, sit down, pass wind, pass out.....end of.

Get up let dogs out, got my boy who'll be 9 in 2 days, his first air gun! A bear grills junior. 177, got him a remmington knock down target and some targets that are like fire works, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Christmas as much before!!!! Christmas dinner then let dogs out again. Hope every SD member a great has a great Christmas, all the very best.

3:00 p.m. local time at the moment.

We'll soon be heading over to my youngest son's place for a Christmas Eve gathering. Should be 20-25 of us including daughter and family, another son and family, step son, step daughter and family ... with a total of 8 grand kids in tow ( next year it will be 9). Food and drink for a couple hours tonight, then home to work on preps for Xmas dinner tomorrow ... turkey and trimmings for about 12 of us.
Rise early Christmas morning, coffee, deluxe breakfast, clean up, complete preparations for dinner, steal a wee nap if time permits, dinner, clean-up, ....ZZZZZZZ! Somewhere in there, the border collie needs to get out in the snow for a game or two of frisbie and/or ball chase.

Boxing day will be "open house", more food, more drink, more clean-up, watch the Canadian boys on TV playing in the world junior ice hockey tournament .... more ZZZZZZZ!

Merry Christmas to all from this side of the pond!

Wake up , open presents with our grandson, daughter and son in law, light BBQ , put piglet on, spend rest of day with family etc, stay up till midnight so we can Skype the family back in UK, (your Christmas morning)

...... well i was yet again let down in the erection section so i've got nothing to play with. Bah Humbug!

I only have one job today "keep those bloody dogs out of the kitchen and out of the way". If I succeed perfect harmony, if not there will be 10 legs in the doghouse instead of the usual 8.

A merry and safe Christmas to you all.
regards sbm

...... well i was yet again let down in the erection section so i've got nothing to play with. Bah Humbug!

Never mind RD. Maybe you could use a lollipop stick and an elastoplast as a splint!
By the sounds of it what you really need is a nice wee Christmas Cracker!:rofl:

So far
a. Get up let out dogs into field
b Wash kennels and feed
c. Feed chickens
d. Feed around shoot
e. Travel to see my kids
f. Travel from there to my parents
g. Take dogs out for walk
h. Await Xmas dinner
no wonder I feel knackered :doh:
happy Xmas
norma

I got up at 6:45 had a pig banjo and a brew then helped doing the veg and meats then helped get cooking started opened gifts with lad and wife drink and food to come more than norm :norty: + more drink do some more games with lad save the world from the bad guys on the ps1 then ? I expect more food and drink then late night feeling sick ? . wake up repeat as bro's coming for lunch so it will be shed and a few bottles of nice scotch and port watch some crap tv food repeat late night and feel sorry tomorrow eve then wait till 2016 xmas repeat the same as same as ?? Need a hobby :doh:

Get up let dogs out, got my boy who'll be 9 in 2 days, his first air gun! A bear grills junior. 177, got him a remmington knock down target and some targets that are like fire works, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Christmas as much before!!!! Christmas dinner then let dogs out again. Hope every SD member a great has a great Christmas, all the very best.
Good for you, have a wonderful day with your boy. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
John.

Woke in my own bed for a change after being away so much, next to my beautiful partner (Sandra) had breakfast, walked the hounds on the beach, came back opened a good bottle of wine. Spoke to my mum and received numerous text messages from friends. Cooked the Turkey, just had dinner opened a bottle of Moet done that and now going to relax before we visit the sales tomorrow to look at new furniture for the last room in our new home to redecorate.

Looking forward to Finland in January, just had an email of my Finnish mate to tell me there is a Lynx licence going near his home in north Finland :D might get lucky!!!!!!

I hope 2016 is as good as this past year, and wish you all good health and happiness, and thank you for supporting the site.

Have a good one guys and gals.

Back