Cabinet

Grand Slam

Does anyone know the best place to go for a reasonably priced Gun cabinet? Applying for my FAC and looking for a decent cabinet to hold a couple of rifles and a shotgun or 2? any help would be great.

Many thanks

Usually a few secondhand models available across the various shooting forums, or even on the bay of e. I bought mine new from Julian Bond (HOME - bondgunaccessories) .. don't be put off by the web address, he sells cabinets from BrattonSound, InFac and JFC.

I've got a 16 gun cabinet you can have for £80 and live about 30 mins drive from you!
It's a Military cadet cabinet (Thompson Chest?) with twin chubb locks, shielded hinges and edges. Green in colour. Bloody heavy though, but could deliver in my trailer. It measures 5' tall, 2' wide and 18" deep.
MS;)

If MS doesnt fit the bill, its worth trying the local small gunshop - most have Brattonsound accounts and can often - not always - but often quote a pretty keen price delivered.

Though the path to being a 'proper shooter' mandates snapping a 'bargain' stupidly large cabinet at a gamefair - best to pick one with car park in a different County and then effect an air of indifference as you struggle back with th e b@@@dy thing pretending you havent noticed the sniggers... :D

Thanks for your swift replies.

MS,
Do you have any pics? The only problem i see is fixing it in my house. Being a military house not sure how they would feel with me fixing it to the wall, Could it be laid flat and fixed to floor?

So long as it's firmly affixed to the fabric of the building, is out of sight of casual visitors and can withstand determined attack by malcontents it doesn't matter as far as the law is concerned, but won't fixing it to the floor instead of the wall just make holes in the floor instead of the wall (and mean that instead of being 5' tall, 2' wide and 18" deep it will be 5' long, 2' wide and 18" tall)? Might be wise to check with the landlord first if it's not your house.

It has four holes in the back which could be attached to a wall, but the primary fixing points are four holes through the floor with reinforced plates!
I'm sure someone with an 'Engineering' background could sort something out!;)
We need to chat! PM me a phone number.
MS
Thanks for your swift replies.

MS,
Do you have any pics? The only problem i see is fixing it in my house. Being a military house not sure how they would feel with me fixing it to the wall, Could it be laid flat and fixed to floor?

I've got a 16 gun cabinet you can have for £80 and live about 30 mins drive from you!
It's a Military cadet cabinet (Thompson Chest?) with twin chubb locks, shielded hinges and edges. Green in colour. Bloody heavy though, but could deliver in my trailer. It measures 5' tall, 2' wide and 18" deep.
MS;)

I know the sort of cabinet you mean MS, that sounds like a bargain.

Adam have you looked at http://www.guncabinetsdirect.co.uk/default.asp I have bought a couple of cabinets off them, good service would use them again.

Back