First Buck for the 6.5

Well finally picked up the 6.5x55 yesterday.
Got the meopta mounted on top and set out to run in the barrel. A box of 20 later and I set about fine tuning the zero.

Headed for one of the high seats where fallow had been seen feeding the evening before....but only does.

Tried a different seat early this morning but again, only does.
Moved onto another seat for the final hour. Was about to call it a day when 2 young fox were heading back from the nights excursions. Managed to get them both.

Gave it another half hour and I heard some crashing in the woods behind me....a nice roe buck came bounding out onto the ride.....only about 40 yrds. Dropped on the spot.
20130814_080803.jpg

20130814_080834.jpg

Yeah made a mess...both wounds you see are exit wounds. No finishing off required i can assure you.
The foxes were taken before the roe from the same seat and i was in two minds whether to leave them as not to compramise a chance at a buck. But on keepered land....needs must

Yeah made a mess...both wounds you see are exit wounds. No finishing off required i can assure you.
The foxes were taken before the roe from the same seat and i was in two minds whether to leave them as not to compramise a chance at a buck. But on keepered land....needs must

What bullets are you using in your 6.5 please?

Back