conditions on fac

multiman

Hi Guys
Ive just got my fac back after a change of caliber. I now notice that my .22 wmr condition says

'shall be used for vermin and fox and for zeroing on ranges or land over which the holder has lawful authotity to shoot'

Does this meen that it is open? my normal .22 rf says

'shall be used for vermin and for zeroing on ranges Or land deemed sutable by the cheif officer of police for the area where the land is situated over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot'

Seems a bit odd as my .223 says the same as the .22 rf with the addition of Fox.

What do you guys make of this?

Thanks Al

I'd say the wmr is open, the others are closed.

Bit odd, most likely an admin error, but it does happen as I understand it.

Regards

I'm reading it as the wmr being open, ive had my FAC for a year.
Im guessing its an admin error. How do I stand though in the eyes of the law if I use it anywere that I assesed as safe and had the land owners permission?

I would have thought you would be within your rights to use it wherever you have permission to shoot.
You could send it back and ask for the restrictions on your other rifles to be lifted as well.
best of luck
sinbad

I would have thought you would be within your rights to use it wherever you have permission to shoot.
You could send it back and ask for the restrictions on your other rifles to be lifted as well.
best of luck
sinbad

I agree.

However, if it is an admin error (b/c you've only had your ticket a year) and you send it back to try and get the other opened too you may get the wmr closed. It might worth a chance?

As it stands i think you would be within the law to use the wmr anywhere you had permission, and was safe of course.

atb

Yep, I'd say wmr is open. I wouldn't try getting the others open just yet though as although many will argue the in's and out's it is home office guidance not to give open tickets until FAC held for 2 years. So I count yourself lucky then ask next year for all calibers to be opened.

Sounds like an admin error, best give them a ring to clarify:doh:...or maybe not

Back