Wanted: stalking permission wanted north england

Any qualifications? People need to know if you're worth contacting based on what they may have available.

Hi Tim. This gent is a lady!! Lol. I have my Dsc 1 and I am hoping to work towards my 2 which is why I really need to get out and get some field craft experience. Never foxed and only have a6.5x 55. Again though if there is the opportunity to go out with someone and get experience Foxing that too would be great.

Lynn

Hi Tim. This gent is a lady!! Lol. I have my Dsc 1 and I am hoping to work towards my 2 which is why I really need to get out and get some field craft experience. Never foxed and only have a6.5x 55. Again though if there is the opportunity to go out with someone and get experience Foxing that too would be great.

Lynn

So that is a no then.....personally I would put more time into finding some foxing as you will learn more about field craft with the fox tipping you good by when you get it wrong...To add, foxing is free and with 364 days of the year is available you will need a tidy bank balance gaining that shooting on deer...
Also why would a 6.5x55 be a hindrance shooting foxes?

Tim.243

Tim.243 there are plenty people on here who will take you out stalking,but you will have to pay.
Not much in life is free I am afraid

Ken , you could try like I have have done , and trap there moles ,shoot foxes, be on call if they have or see poachers at anytime of day or night, from March until June I will constantly trapping there moles catching hundreds of them , build up a good reputation and trust , then after 20 years or so doors open and you then get the cream of your goals , the deer stalking ! Like you say your retired so have plenty of time to build these bridges , where abouts in lance are you based ken? If I can steer you to any Leads I will , good luck Arron.

Tim.243 there are plenty people on here who will take you out stalking,but you will have to pay.
Not much in life is free I am afraid

I guess it come out wrong in the wash, I have built up my shooting from the pigeon and foxes.
This in turn has lead to some deer shooting as they are around, not in great numbers but still a few Reds, Fallow and Muntjac.
We do go on an estate 1-2 times in the Fallow buck/doe season with out a guide...so I know what it is about.
My comment was on how to gain shooting experience, foxes are a worthy quarry. Getting out and knocking on doors is the hurdle which needs crossing....
I am out 2/3 nights in the week, as you only get out what you put in....

Tim.243

Ken and Lynn. It's the same for everyone unfortunately and I'm sure you are sick of hearing it (as it has been repeated here often enough) but go out and get knocking on doors. I would advocate asking about the smaller pests first and once the farmer knows you a bit progress from there. It can be completely demoralising at first when the first few say no but something always comes up. I've been to many an anti's door and nearly chased off but also got one who asked me to shoot the pheasants and the deer on sight as they were eating everything he had! Just have to be really patient unfortunately and keep an ear out of any possible chances.

If you were closer I could offer experience and even a few shots but not the full permission unfortunately.

thanks Arron I live in bacup I would be happy to help you with moles,foxes etc if you like,i used to do moles until some git stole all my traps cheers ken

thanks Chris, I like you have knocked on lots of doors done the moles,etc but like up in the dales told local boys come first,they use the rabbits as a cash crop for curry houses in Bradford!! I have just come back from new Gallaway 14/12/14 drove 400 miles for 1 outing with a great guy Colin so Aberdeen would be possible thankyou ken

Back